New Topic Rules

Greetings!

Does this plugin have a timer? I'd like to require the user to view said topic for a set a mount of time. :)

Does this have the ability to extent to pages?

Much appreciated and great plugins. I'm truly impressed.

Edited by RetroSynth
4 hours ago, RetroSynth said:

Does this plugin have a timer?

Not sure what you mean by timer here but it uses cookies, so it will require to read the rules gain when it gets expired. 

4 hours ago, RetroSynth said:

Does this have the ability to extent to pages?

No, this one is for topics only.

Just a timer, like a stop watch. Showing the time that has elapsed for the specific topic. Not sure there is another way to put that.

It's whatever. I'll add it myself or get a freelancer to add it.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by RetroSynth
Thanked for time.
  • 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, klierik said:

"New Topic Rules" extension doesn't work with 4.3.0 and 4.3.1.

System says code error: EX0 when customer try to open new Question in forum (not new Topic). Disable plugin for a now... Waiting for bug fix.

Thanks ?

Tested last week to update compatibility versions and retested now: no problem detected. Working fine:

Post the content of your System log for this plugin.

Here what system says when user try crate an Question if "New Topic Rules" extension enabled:

Журналы системы 2018-04-25 17-18-43.png

I connect with IPS support and they defined that this error because of "New Topic Rules" extension and disabled it ?

After that everything work fine.

Edited by klierik
3 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Have you tried to edit the forum? It will probably recreate the missing language bit.

Hm, it is a good idea. After update all New topics rule text is missing. I need re-create it again. I will try this way.

Thanks ? 

• 1 month later...

@Adriano Faria Hello!

Thanks for the plugin! Maybe you will help me to solve this problem: 
Invision Community v4.3.4.  During installation I receive an error 1S111/1

image.thumb.png.319d79971d5b8836983d656ef4a89d1e.png

After that, there are 2 items "New Topic Rules" appear in the menu

image.thumb.png.299b37085cb5c5e2ac15f13aed649fb1.png

A tab "newtopicrules" appears in the section settings, but if you try to save the text, an error occurs: "EX1054 Something went wrong. Please try again. "

image.thumb.png.ad67a634594954fdb379b427ff7f9d73.png

Edited by Tikhonov Ivan
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was adding this to a new forum and it appears that there is a lot of spacing in the warning.

1.  I checked the ipsMessage CSS files and none of them have been modified.  Also tested with the unmodified default template.

2.  Here is what the New Topic Message looks like when editing the forum.

1570312496_Screenshotfrom2019-07-0306-28-59.thumb.png.c5bbef11c4082016a1e792558190aedc.png

3.  Here is what the actual new New Topic Rule looks like on the front end using the default IPS theme.

2087681026_Screenshotfrom2019-07-0306-32-47.thumb.png.3693914bf480d1e2c37d27bcd570a631.png

4.  Your code template newTopicRulesForm seems to be fine.

<div class="ipsMessage {$style}">
	{$msg|raw}
</div>
<div class='ipsType_normal ipsType_richText ipsPad'>
	<div class="ipsAreaBackground ipsPad">
		{$form|raw}
	</div>
</div>

5.  I checked the Editor Settings and Return Key Behavior is "Go to next line." - not sure if that matters or not.

Any idea what is happening?  Other warning notices on the site look fine.

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

It seems OK to me, Bluto:

Probably you have some hidden stuff in the text? Enable HTML in your group and edit the message on HTML mode.

Thanks!  I'll have to investigate further on my end.  I appreciate you checking it out for me.  :smile:

Finally figured out how to get the text formatted the way I like it.  Ran a test and got the error below after I accepted the New Topic Rules checkbox.

Exception: DateInterval::__construct(): Unknown or bad format (PD) (0)
#0 /home/nginx/domains/xxx.com/public/init.php(867) : eval()'d code(36): DateInterval->__construct('PD')
#1 /home/nginx/domains/xxx.com/public/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\hook1859->rules()
#2 /home/nginx/domains/xxx.com/public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /home/nginx/domains/xxx.com/public/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#4 {main}
#0 /home/nginx/domains/xxx.com/public/init.php(938): IPS\_Log::log('Exception: Date...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Exception))
#2 {main}

Edited by Bluto

#0 /home/nginx/domains/xxx.com/public/init.php(867) : eval()'d code(36): DateInterval->__construct('PD')

Did you select a value in the Cookie expire after setting?

\IPS\Request::i()->setCookie( \IPS\Settings::i()->newtopicrulesCookiePrefix . '_' . $forum->id, TRUE, \IPS\DateTime::create()->add( new \DateInterval( 'P'. \IPS\Settings::i()->newtopicrulesCookiesDays . 'D' ) ) );

Choose a number. Hit save. Try again.

Got no error here, as you can see in the screen video.

2 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Did you select a value in the Cookie expire after setting?

\IPS\Request::i()->setCookie( \IPS\Settings::i()->newtopicrulesCookiePrefix . '_' . $forum->id, TRUE, \IPS\DateTime::create()->add( new \DateInterval( 'P'. \IPS\Settings::i()->newtopicrulesCookiesDays . 'D' ) ) );

Choose a number. Hit save. Try again.

Got no error here, as you can see in the screen video.

Hmmm... for some reason the settings weren't saving - had blank fields for both the time and the cookie name.  I had to re-upload the plugin and now it's saving.

Everything is working.  Sorry to be a pain and thanks for your help!

• 6 months later...

I can reproduce probably due to the ipsMessage CSS. Begin your text with a line of text and not a bullet list item, like:

Text

• Text 1 Text 1 Text 1 Text 1 Text 1 Text 1 Text 1 Text 1 Text 1 Text 1 Text 1
  • Text 2 Text 2 Text 2 Text 2 Text 2 Text 2 Text 2 Text 2 Text 2 Text 2 Text 2
  • Text 3 Text 3 Text 3 Text 3 Text 3 Text 3 Text 3 Text 3 Text 3 Text 3 Text 3
  • Text 4 Text 4 Text 4 Text 4 Text 4 Text 4 Text 4 Text 4 Text 4 Text 4 Text 4

That will work. I'll take a look when I'll have to upgrade the plugin.

Edited by Adriano Faria