Move from Burning Board 4.1

Boomer12

Hello,

I've just bought IP.S (Board + Pages) and I'd like to import my data from Burning Board 4.1. So I installed the Converter in my IP.S 4.1 and tried to import and convert my data, but there is no option for Burning Board. In this thread, @Charlie said that it is possible to move and they created an importer. Does someone know where to find it?

Cheers,
jacboy

6 hours ago, Ahmad E. said:

According to the description here: 

It is not supported, either it is an outdated description or @Charlie might've confused the forum softwares?

6 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

It it exists, shuould be in this file.

To clarify my early confirmation that we support WBB 4.1.x to IP.Board 3.4.9.  We just updated our 3.x converters to handle the db structure changes in WBB 4.1 in September. :)

@jacboyIf adjusting the permissions doesn't work, support will be happy to get the upgrade straightened out for you.  But, do enjoy the Mentalist!

4 minutes ago, Charlie said:

To clarify my early confirmation that we support WBB 4.1.x to IP.Board 3.4.9.  We just updated our 3.x converters to handle the db structure changes in WBB 4.1 in September. :)

Great, thanks for carification. Support here sounds great and makes "more" than WoltLab. Actually, I just installed IP.S (need to fight vs. my brain for ignoring to say IP.B :D) 4.1 and made some changes and settings, so I don't want to re-install it, if I don't need it. When I understood correctly, there is no importer from 3.4 --> 4.1 - I need to make a full upgrade?

If you installed IPS 4.1 you can export your theme if you spent some time customizing your look and feel.

You will need to install 3.4.9 from the client area and convert your WBB data.  I have a guide available for 3.4.9 conversions: 

You can upgrade back to 4.1 after you are happy with the conversion process.  If you exported your theme you can import it after the upgrade.

If you have already gone through some or all of these steps (I'm not sure if you already did your conversion) you can disregard this advice, and for more in depth assistance support is always available.

Archived