Groups -> Group Icons

Ryan Boyd

Hello,

Suggestion: Add multiple group icons to a single group instead of one.

Example:

Or drag and drop your file here
Accepted file types gif, png, jpeg, jpg

Make it:
Or drag and drop your files here
Accepted file types gif, png, jpeg, jpg

It would be awesome to have this feature instead of making multiple groups and assigning them to a specific member then I have to fix some X plugin to show the group icons.

Thank you guys!

Best regards
Hassan

13 hours ago, Dean_ said:

This might be of some interest.

I hope you did read what I wrote, I said, several group icons to a single group, not making multiple groups and assigning them to a specific member then I have to fix some X plugin to show the group icons.

I already have this plugin though.

Hassan

35 minutes ago, opentype said:

I don’t understand your request. What’s the point of having multiple images for one group? What are you trying to achieve?

Instead of attaching one group icon, it would be nice if we could attach more... (multiple images upload)

10 minutes ago, Hassan Jawhar said:

Instead of attaching one group icon, it would be nice if we could attach more... (multiple images upload)

Yes, I did read that. Repeating it doesn’t help. I was asking you to explain why you want that. What’s the purpose? What are you trying to achieve that you can’t currently? If one is in the group “admin” I can show an image for that. Why should I want several images for the group admin?

1 hour ago, opentype said:

Yes, I did read that. Repeating it doesn’t help. I was asking you to explain why you want that. What’s the purpose? What are you trying to achieve that you can’t currently? If one is in the group “admin” I can show an image for that. Why should I want several images for the group admin?

unless hes trying to accomplish something like different styled pics for the same group for different themes? thats the only reason I see this working.

Admin would have a dark and light icon, and displays for different themes (such as dark and light themes)?

On 2/13/2016 at 10:50 AM, MADMAN32395 said:

unless hes trying to accomplish something like different styled pics for the same group for different themes? thats the only reason I see this working.

Admin would have a dark and light icon, and displays for different themes (such as dark and light themes)?

It's just like instead of setting multiple groups for a single user, it would be better to set multiple images for a single user using a single group.

I hope you understand me :D

Ok so lets say you have a ClubMember, but he's also very good at mechanics, and also helps out on the forum.

So you'd have the username with the group icons:

Hassan
<Administrator>
<Guru>
<Membership Helper>
<VIP Member>

Is that what you mean so you wouldn't have to make all them different groups you're just assigning a group image to them?

Archived