Report Viewing Permission Settings

Machsterdaemon

When using IPB3 I had been used to not give members the permission to view reports, so I got a little surprised today when a warned member commented on a report.

There is just one member group report permission setting in IPS 4.1 and that is "Can report content?", but there seems to be no other setting for view permission. So I wasn't aware of this change.

Now I need to test this changed functionality to see how it works when I comment to the report, because there is no reply button to his comment like the image below shows. I have to click on the Moderator comment tab and write a comment to his comment?

report-commenting-ips4.thumb.PNG.0be5953

Just now, Daniel F said:

Your members aren't able to view report comments.

The "User Reports" tab contains the content from the report form.

So the warned member can comment on his warning, and the comment gets displayed when viewing the report comments?

So if this is true, I just need to write a comment reply on the moderator tab and he will see it?

@Machsterdaemon,

The report center is an internal/staff feature. It is used for appointed staff members to resolve reported content. The comments you add to the report will be shown to all your 'moderators' with permission to use the report center.

Think of the report feature as a..... "Click here to leave a comment for our team to review." minus a response to the user.

Hope this answers your question. You can email me for more help.

7 minutes ago, Kevin 7 said:

@Machsterdaemon,

The report center is an internal/staff feature. It is used for appointed staff members to resolve reported content. The comments you add to the report will be shown to all your 'moderators' with permission to use the report center.

Think of the report feature as a..... "Click here to leave a comment for our team to review." minus a response to the user.

Hope this answers your question. You can email me for more help.

Yes, and the warned member can also respond to the report, and this has confused me.

Like my screenshot shows there are two member responses for the report. But it says "2 user reports" below "Responses to this report".

report-commenting-ips4.thumb.PNG.0be5953

• The first one is the reporter's comment when he submitted the report.
  • The second one is a comment from the member that was warned. He is commenting on the warning he got

I got this in a email at the same time titled 'xxxxx has reported something':

xxxx reported a post in a topic titled xxxxxx

• This "report" is from the warned member and the email has the same comment he submitted to the original report that got him warned.
  • "titled xxxxxx" is the URL to the reported forum post by the warned member
  • This emailed report is not a new report that can be seen in the Report Center, but just a comment to the other report

This is rather confusing change in the IPS4.

Archived