VPS, Lionde and DigitalCloud?

I'm on Linode 4GB plan. I do 1M - 1.5M pageviews a month according to google analytics. Most online for me was 16,929 on Jan 5, 2016 (it typically averages 500-800 during busy periods, 300-500 during slower, and occasional spikes). I'm still running 3 and haven't upgraded to 4, but based on my server load and ram usage, I probably have about twice to three times as many resources as are needed on average. 

•  

13 minutes ago, RevengeFNF said:

I think both of them are very expensive for what they offer. For a vps with 8Gb of Ram, one of them is 56$ and the other is 80$ a month... With that money we can buy a server with a lot more resources, all of them dedicated to us.

And where are you hosting it?

19 minutes ago, RevengeFNF said:

We are not allowed to talk about that here.

There are sites like webhostingtalk or lowendbox, where you can find reviews of similar or better vps's with great support and cheaper. 

Don't need to list company names, but I'm curious if you legitimately can buy a server and co-locate it for less than what a vps company like linode or digital ocean charges. I didn't realize that existed.

8 minutes ago, Morgin said:

Don't need to list company names, but I'm curious if you legitimately can buy a server and co-locate it for less than what a vps company like linode or digital ocean charges. I didn't realize that existed.

Without talking about names, i have configured a dedicated server that costs only 40$/month, with 4cores/8threads, 32Gb of Ram and 3xSSD drives. Its damn fast under heavy load. So ya, with less money you can buy a dedicated server that is a lot better than a VPS.

Archived