IP.Content/Pages Suggestion

Rheddy

I didn't really think about this until now but howabout including a feature for IP.Content/Pages where an admin can set an icon for a category which would be displayed as the image next to the article on the index page for IP.Content? What I'm referring to is when you have "Pages" set up for articles view, it would be a nice feature if an admin could set it up when creating a category so that when a news item or article is created, that the "icon" or "image is displayed to the left side of the article (or right-side, depending on your preference) to act as a graphic for that article.

Sort of like this:

Untitled-1.thumb.png.e131ff0b837500adc5c

It would be a nice option for IP.Content to include this. :thumbsup: It would preclude having to upload a new image each time.

This is a good suggestion, but multiple icon selection for the author per category. And top level if you don't use categories. Not everyone has a News category, some may have a California category with news and other related articles in it. Being able to select the "newspaper" of the "fork and knife" would be great. They should have titles under them so selection is easy.

Admins could upload all of the icons to the top level, and select the ones to set for each category to override global use. This would allow you to set only one per category as you requested.

Database and category settings for admin would be:
Allow authors to upload article image
Allow authors to use default article images

So you could allow one, both, or none.

Thanks. I was thinking something along the lines where when you set up a category for articles (if you have Pages set up as "article view"), to have Pages allow you to select an image that would be displayed next to the article on the index for "Pages". Where it stands now, you have to upload an image for each article you create before the image will appear. For my site, for example, I have a limited number of categories created and I would prefer the ability to pre-select an image that would be displayed whenever an article in a certain category is created.

But, hopefully, IPS will consider of these suggestions at enhancing the "Pages" application.

It would be great if there was a block plugin like this for Featured Blogs, or Featured Topics that would upload the Title, Pic, and a paragraph of content right from the topic or blog to the Block.  Allow the block to contain multiple Featured items that we order.  

Archived