Allow members to delete their posts only if...

Vianney Gantelmi

Well, it would also be nice to have the option to allow users to edit only the first post.

It can be used if the topic is opened for a follow up information and the first post can be updated by the user to include new information/updates.

I made this as a custom mod for phpBB. Would love to see it in IPS because right now I'm missing this feature.

18 minutes ago, Lince said:

Well, it would also be nice to have the option to allow users to edit only the first post.

It can be used if the topic is opened for a follow up information and the first post can be updated by the user to include new information/updates.

I made this as a custom mod for phpBB. Would love to see it in IPS because right now I'm missing this feature.

There is no flexibility AT ALL with delete, it is a global setting for all apps, so if you have if off to protect content, they can't even delete an image from the gallery.

Delete and edit permissions should be granular, per app (including status updates), with separation of content item and comment/reply.

Can delete own topic? Yes/No
Can delete own replies to topics? Yes/No

Can edit own topic? Yes/No (time limit)
Can edit own topic replies? Yes/No (time limit)

For all apps and status updates.

It's important to single out the content item, many are things like tutorials that need to be updated.