Adding media files to pages

Samantha Smith

Hi - I'm fairly new to IPB and have just been set a bit of a puzzle by my boss.  He wants us to use our Community to share presentations we have created with our community members. The downside (as I see it) is that nearly every presentation we create is built using MS PowerPoint and inevitably the file size is over 5MB due to the images we use within the files.  I've tried uploading our PPTs to SlideShare then embedding them into our Community - this is ok, but I'm not convinced how secure SlideShare is (a lot of the files we would want to share have intellectual property or monetary value; potentially someone could find the presentation in SlideShare if they really wanted to).

Has anyone found a way to upload large PPTs and add them to a page?  I've not really seen anything on the discussion boards that seems to answer the question.  Happy to look at using an external storage solution or try saving the files in different formats if needs be.

5 MB is very small by today's standards - your server, not the IPB software is the limiting factor in how large of a file you can upload. Your PHP settings control how large of a file can be uploaded. I'd start there in looking to increase the amount (mine is 64 MB for example) accordingly based on your needs.

On 25/01/2016 at 5:25 PM, Joy Rex said:

5 MB is very small by today's standards - your server, not the IPB software is the limiting factor in how large of a file you can upload. Your PHP settings control how large of a file can be uploaded. I'd start there in looking to increase the amount (mine is 64 MB for example) accordingly based on your needs.

Thanks - I'll look into that and see where that takes me.

Archived