Cannot Upload Images -200 error

Barry Beckham

I have been using Invision for some time, but running it on my own web space with Patrick Internet. It was no problem and running fine. Sometime late 2015 I started to experience an intermittent fault that prevented me from uploading a simple small jpg image to a post. Previously that had been no trouble at all, but I discovered that if I uploaded the text, then edited the text, the image could then be attached successfully. It was a workaround rather than a solution. Recently (December) Invision upgraded my board to v4. With the upgrade to v4 I now cannot upload an image to my Photographic forum from my home. I get the attached error message.  Invision tell me its the fault of my web space provider. My web space provider tell me its Invisions fault. I have set all my site permissions, but no solution

If I leave my home and use a friends or families location, I  can post images to my forum with no problem at all. While at home and on 3 PC's I cannot. I also cannot post via our iPads while they are connected to our wireless connection. If I connect to my iPad via a cell phone hotspot, bypassing my wireless internet, I can post an image fine. In my detective mind, these facts point back to my home and either the modem or the line causing the issue, but internet connectivity is good.  The fly in the ointment is this. I can post pictures from my location to other forums running the self same forum software and version. I just cannot post to my own, but all my members can.

In addition, I can post images to my Flickr Account, Facebook, Yahoo and anywhere else too, its just www.beckhamforum.co.uk I cannot post  from this location

So, I upgraded my modem to a completely different model and while I have improved my wireless signal and connectivity in and around the home, my error -200 posting issue remains the same. My PC's are connected via LAN cables not wi-fi

Googling the error brought up other references on another Invision board http://www.lcpdfr.com/forums/topic/55677-cant-post-gallery-images/
I guess the administrators being referred to in the post were invision power, but they seem to be giving up on me.

Today I have had my line checked and there seems to be no issues there. Over the past month  I have been pushed from Invision to my web space provider and back again, but no solution has been found. You will see I had no problem uploading a screen grab from here

Is there anyone who has any thoughts on this at all please

Carol
www.beckhamforum.co.uk

snap018.jpg

Due to the fact that the "error" -200 means "everything is OK" (HTTP 200) this should be a bug on the server side and within the IPB programming.
I don't know any mistake from the webhosts side which would create such an issue ... so Invision has to look into this issue again. In fact uploading files is one of the most broken parts within the complete suite. The gallery is some kind of not useable because of many bugs - but nobody seems to be interested in fixing them all. :(

You're not alone with this issue, trust me.

Well, so far it's cost me $350 to get precisely nowhere and it's been well over a month now since I raised this with both my web space provider and Invision.

I spent a huge amount of time in a level 2 investigation by my isp yesterday, but still nothing. I have an Invision board that is not doing what I paid for.

i hope they will look again, but their language seems to suggest they are about to cast me adrift with sorry, we can't reproduce the problem so it's not ours.

• 1 month later...

I had the same error this autumn - https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/421579-max-filesize-for-upload/#comment-2587691

After I upgraded to latest version it was all fine. I recall that after changing php-version it disappeared also. At least the only difference between my testboard and the main site was the version I was running. 

3 hours ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

I had the same error this autumn - https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/421579-max-filesize-for-upload/#comment-2587691

After I upgraded to latest version it was all fine. I recall that after changing php-version it disappeared also. At least the only difference between my testboard and the main site was the version I was running. 

Was just about to say something like that. Update to latest php 5.6.x and make sure your php.ini is setup correctly. Sometimes odd settings do weird things.

Archived