Plugins: Check For Updates Feature Missing

Rheddy

I've noticed something that was missing from IPS4, the 'check for updates' on the plugin page in the ACP that was a standard feature for IPS3. While this tool is present for "Applications", why was this tool removed from the plugins page? I found this very useful when checking for updates of various plugins. I just don't like the idea of having to search for every bloody plugin that I use, and they are substantial. I'm wondering if there are any plans to return this functionality back to the plugins page.

• 5 weeks later...
On 24/2/2016 at 4:00 PM, Michael R said:

Then that needs to be forced somehow. Several of the plugins I have loaded never showed an indication that there was a newer version available.

This really depends on the developer side itself. For example I updated one of my paid mods twice after the first release, but only later I noticed I had forgotten to update my updateCheck script with the new version on the server. Because of this no one got a notice of the update (unless they visited my site or twitter), I have updated it now though :p

Archived