iAwards

14 hours ago, Kevin Carwile said:

http://ipsguru.net/rules/support

The joined date had a bug which was fixed in recent versions. You update rules for the fix.

Once you have done that, your condition should work as expected.

Thank you.

Last Question for now:

I want to add Prestiges, so if the member has 25 post, add Award.. If 50, remove old and add new.

How would this work out? It seems like a cluster if i can say that, because i need to do so many if & else rules, then once i am done it would basically keep adding the 25 post award even its getting removed when your  at 50 posts.

Member reaches 25 Posts:
> Adds award
> Checks if not already exist?

Member reaches 50 Posts:
> Removes 25 post award
> Adds 50 post award
> Check if not already exist

Then so on, but each time it would match both of them so how would that work out? it would give award, then remove instantly?? :(

@Kevin Carwile @-RAW- I probably should post this in the rules app but as it's related to the iawards specific rules set, I think it's better suited here for others to comment upon also. 

I was also mentioned to me by @Jimmy Gavekort

Auto awarding is working great but if I set up a rule as follows, it will supply the member the award that was removed upon next action (i.e. they make a post).

if member has 50 posts, check if they have medal 1, if not, supply medal 1

If member has 100 posts, check if they have medal 2, if not supply medal 2, remove medal 1. Which is how it works just now, how does it know not supply medal 1 again though? As far as I can tell it doesn't and it will supply medal one upon the next action as they don't have the medal but rules thinks they should. 

I think it needs an additional action condition to check if they have medal 2 and if yes not to supply medal 1. It's either that this functionality has been overlooked by myself and I can't find it, or it's missing and it will continue to occur until that additional check is added?

@Kevin Carwile @-RAW- I probably should post this in the rules app but as it's related to the iawards specific rules set, I think it's better suited here for others to comment upon also. 

Auto awarding is working great but if I set up a rule as follows, it will supply the member the award that was removed upon next action (i.e. they make a post).

If member has 100 posts, check if they have medal 2, if not supply medal 2, remove medal 1. Which is how it works just now, how does it know not supply medal 1 again though? As far as I can tell it doesn't and it will supply medal one upon the next action as they don't have the medal but rules thinks they should. 

I think it needs an additional action condition to check if they have medal 2 and if yes not to supply medal 1. It's either that this functionality has been overlooked by myself and I can't find it, or it's missing and it will continue to occur until that additional check is added?

Double posts caused by cloudfront, seems IPS are having an issue with them at the moment.

Hi,

Is it possible to link shown awards to static links?

I would like to award people if they take part in events and want to link the award images on the frontend to corresponding events or special (static) event pages. Preferable on clicking an award image you get like a popup option to choose if the award overview page OR the linked award special page will be called.

Regards

T

Hello @Cyboman! At this time it is not a feature but we will look into it for a future release.

To be sure that I fully understand your request to know if we will be able to fill it. Are you looking for a separate page for the award or are you looking for a way to make it to where it anchors to that point to have that award as the top thing?

Thanks!

Thx.

I'm looking for a way

• Instance for single award: To have the award symbols on the frontend to be linked in any way, either a primitive external link OR an internal link to an article or subforum or collaboration group etc. To show directly what is required for this award with all relevant information on that independant place
  • Instance(s) for award overview(s): But I still see the need for an award overview page to get an overview fast. For my needs, I would also like to choose a special award overview page. There might be more than one award overview page, and every single award belongs to one overview page. So I could realize 2 independant award systems. F.e. one for regular members and another one for customers.

Most important is just the linking feature for "customer awards"

I can't find a way to award a user on the front end.  I have the iAwards app installed and permissions for admin to give awards.  I created one award and ensured those permissions were set for admin to give awards and permissions for other groups to receive awards.  I selected the "Create" option to create new content on the front end and there is no award option there.  I went into a member's profile who is in a group that can receive awards and there is no option to award the member from there, either.  The only place I can find to award is through the ACP.  Am I missing something?

11 minutes ago, Reagan2791 said:

HB9zHgn.jpg

Same results.  I'm pretty sure this has to be something I'm doing wrong.  The install was flawless and I haven't seen anyone else posting this issue.  I'm running IPB 4.1.8 and haven't had issues with any other mods, but I can't think of what else it might be.

Can you pm me with forum credentials so i can have a look ?

Alright.

I tried to make Rules work with Awards, so the user only can have 1 prestige award at once. Here is how it ended up, it gave both at once since it matched both:

eDQ77mo.png

Rules:
OTtBhWw.png

Download: http://pastebin.com/j3LLJ37V

Screenshots / Video: http://i.imgur.com/omaidcg.gifv & http://i.imgur.com/ux9l0Xw.gifv

@Kevin Carwile & @-RAW- could you guys look into this issue please? I want it so the user can earn 1 award at once, so i have three different award icons .http://i.imgur.com/PcJGmLy.png then if the user reaches "25" post it gives one, then if user reaches "100" post, it removes 25 and give 100.. but this does not work.

(As i said, it matches both - seems like the rules does not work together or whatever. I don't know why this is not working)

4fIBIf3.png

Edited by Jimmy Gavekort

If it matches where you dont want it to match, then you are missing a condition. If you don't want it to match a particular case, you need to add a condition which will cause it not to match. For example, why not add another condition to the 25 posts award which checks if the posts are less than 100.

Did you know that you can export rules and post them which will allow others to import and inspect exactly what you have built? You can also choose the "Rule Overview" option from the rule dropdown menu to get a copy/paste generated overview of your rule, which is also much more useful to understand what your rule configuration looks like in a nutshell.

If it matches where you dont want it to match, then you are missing a condition. If you don't want it to match a particular case, you need to add a condition which will cause it not to match. For example, why not add another condition to the 25 posts award which checks if the posts are less than 100.

Did you know that you can export rules and post them which will allow others to import and inspect exactly what you have built? You can also choose the "Rule Overview" option from the rule dropdown menu to get a copy/paste generated overview of your rule, which is also much more useful to understand what your rule configuration looks like in a nutshell.

Post a status

Post in a specific forum (like a welcome forum)... I mean there are a lot. I'm still working on the rules stuff. I'm still not convinced that I won't just have someone do them for me because /confused. I haven't even had Rules enabled since I bought it because I can't figure it out. ;)

I don't know what apps you have and what extensions of rules either.