iAwards

9 hours ago, AlexJ said:

Do we have timeline for this fix which iacas and others like me are facing? 

I fixed it by running the script properly, without the "ipb_" precursor or whatever it was.

But it would have been nice to have the developer acknowledge that error on his part in the upgrade scripts and notice and then fix it.

On 11/3/2021 at 4:16 PM, AlexJ said:

Do we have timeline for this fix which iacas and others like me are facing? 

1 week or less

On 11/3/2021 at 10:30 PM, GreatJackal said:

All good, we already resolved it ourselves, since we can't wait 4 days for you to get back to us 😉

Sharing the solution might help others. 

BTW out of 14$/year I also offer professional support 24/7, for a quote just PM. :wink:

On 11/5/2021 at 6:24 AM, InvisionHQ said:

1 week or less

On 11/3/2021 at 5:30 PM, GreatJackal said:

I am guessing from today? Because issue has been open since 10th Oct, appx. So appx 1 month. Thanks for the fix.

Edited by AlexJ

Unfortunately, the timing now is not what it used to be. There is a stricter control when sending new updates to the marketplace. It can take up to 20 days for a file to be approved. Then there is the technical time to find and fix a bug. So one month could be the new 'standard' time for the resolution of a non 'serious' bug. The good thing is that, except in rare cases that escape double-checking (developer-IPS), there will be apps and plugins of higher quality than there were a few years ago.

4 minutes ago, InvisionHQ said:

It can take up to 20 days for a file to be approved.

It used to be that bad after the previous 4.x releases once every dev updated all their stuff at once ( or just marked it as compatible without even testing the compatibility ) .
We have now better tools in place and it really shouldn't that take long as long as the devs follow our guideline ( which is unfortunatly still not the case)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This engine has become so complicated, and so restricting, it seems they don't want custom content at all. They seem to desire all their forums looking and feeling the same.

The way iAwards worked is essential to my community. It was a format we used way before we used Invision (a badging system to identify the qualifications of the members, for instance).

That said, is iAwards going to continue? It's a hell of a lot of work to keep manually building the awards to all the members after every Invision upgrade that breaks iAwards.

2 hours ago, Nahash5150 said:

That said, is iAwards going to continue? It's a hell of a lot of work to keep manually building the awards to all the members after every Invision upgrade that breaks iAwards.

I'm not having to do any of that. I feel like an iAwards unicorn here or something, as it still "works" for me here.

Still, it would be nice if it was updated to be fully compatible and to show signs that it will continue to be developed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
 Hi, I have a mistake when awarding the "shoulder strap" awards, the error is below, please help me solve the problem.

Error: Call to a member function can() on null (0)
#0 *********.ru/htdocs/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\awards\modules\front\awards\_ajaxcreate->manage()
#1 *********.ru/htdocs/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(158): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#2 *********.ru/htdocs/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#3 {main}

• 2 weeks later...

@InvisionHQ

Got an error EX1054

SELECT * FROM `awards_rules` ORDER BY rule_position
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'rule_position' in 'order clause' (1054)
#0 /home/tribemytechnolog/public_html/community/system/Db/Select.php(388): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*tribemytechno...', Array, true)
#1 /home/tribemytechnolog/public_html/community/system/Db/Select.php(286): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /home/tribemytechnolog/public_html/community/system/Node/Model.php(224): IPS\Db\_Select->setKeyField('rule_id')
#3 /home/tribemytechnolog/public_html/community/system/Node/Model.php(180): IPS\Node\_Model::nodesWithPermission(NULL, NULL, Array, 'rule_position', NULL)
#4 /home/tribemytechnolog/public_html/community/system/Node/Controller.php(111): IPS\Node\_Model::roots(NULL)
#5 /home/tribemytechnolog/public_html/community/system/Helpers/Tree/Tree.php(130): IPS\Node\_Controller->_getRoots(NULL)
#6 /home/tribemytechnolog/public_html/community/system/Node/Controller.php(99): IPS\Helpers\Tree\_Tree->__toString()
#7 /home/tribemytechnolog/public_html/community/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\Node\_Controller->manage()
#8 /home/tribemytechnolog/public_html/community/system/Node/Controller.php(69): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/tribemytechnolog/public_html/community/applications/awards/modules/admin/awards/rules.php(34): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#10 /home/tribemytechnolog/public_html/community/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\awards\modules\admin\awards\_rules->execute()
#11 /home/tribemytechnolog/public_html/community/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

Invision version is v4.6.11

Award version 2.1.0

Thanks

- Allan of Nigel's Team

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, ArmaCoopCorps said:

Update will be much appreciated 😎 On forum version 4.7.1 it crashes whole engine for us and only RECOVERY_MODE in constatns.php helps.

I agree that an update would be appreciated, as it's been promised for quite some time… but I have 4.7.1 and it doesn't crash with the last release of iAwards installed.

I believe it does for you, but have you tested it by enabling and disabling only that application? Have you run the support tool or cleared out the caches? Are you using an older version of PHP or anything else?

On 8/9/2022 at 6:53 PM, iacas said:

I believe it does for you, but have you tested it by enabling and disabling only that application? Have you run the support tool or cleared out the caches? Are you using an older version of PHP or anything else?

- i have disabled all custom plugins, hooks or apps and left only iAwards - total annihilation of whole engine, site is displaying error 500 and nothing else (even in admin panel)
- cache is always first suspect, so I purge it oft
- php 8.0
But if it works for You, then it should in theory work for me. I now know to look harder, real problem must be hidden somewhere. May be some leftovers from past upgrades, our forum turned 10 this year.

3 minutes ago, ArmaCoopCorps said:

- i have disabled all custom plugins, hooks or apps and left only iAwards - total annihilation of whole engine, site is displaying error 500 and nothing else (even in admin panel)
- cache is always first suspect, so I purge it oft
- php 8.0
But if it works for You, then it should in theory work for me. I now know to look harder, real problem must be hidden somewhere. May be some leftovers from past upgrades, our forum turned 10 this year.

Yeah.

I'm not using 8.0 yet, so that could be a big piece.

On 8/16/2022 at 2:12 AM, InvisionHQ said:

Could contain: Text, Page

Pending Approval.
It still needs to be checked.

Well, I installed the update, and though the settings remain the same, none of the awards appear on my site anymore.

They still appear at /awards/ and on the member profile page, but on the posts on the site, we had "Challenges" in the "postbit" part, and four other categories of awards below their signature, and neither appear on the site.

I'm not able to troubleshoot this for a bit, but enabling and disabling it, or changing some settings and saving them don't work to show them again.