Number of Topics per Forum

1 hour ago, OptimusBain said:

Quick question on this plugin... I want to limit the number of topics that a user group can open every day to 10 per day. Do I need to lock all his previous topics or does it detect only the new topics by date?

I mean, in some forums there are users with a hundred topics each, do I need to lock all those topics or will the app ignore older ones and will only count those posted every day until 10 is reached?
Thanks

According to the description:

this plugin will control the number of open (unlocked) topics that each user group can have in each forum in a specific period (hour, day, week and month)”.

So if the user has more open topics that you set for that forum, he won’t be able to start a nee topic.

1 hour ago, OptimusBain said:

will count the topics already posted during a period of time by a user in a certain user group?

This, by certain group, term and forum. 

How you’re creating the topic? Via topic posting screen? Or via API or another resource? If it’s via topic posting screen, it should disallow if the user has more OPEN topics than what you set for the user group for this specific forum. It worked fine last week in 4.6 when I tested to update the marketplace. 

If you’re sure you set it all right, send a PM with an ACP account and I will take a look tomorrow. 👍

• 2 months later...
On 6/28/2021 at 3:06 AM, OptimusBain said:

I am asking this in a second post because it's a different thing.

Does the app start working on new topics since the app is installed or will count the topics already posted during a period of time by a user in a certain user group? I am saying it because I have a user group called mentoring for which I limited the number of topics to 10. He has posted more than 10 topics topic, I have specified 10 as maximum topics for that user group and forum. I signed in like him, tried to open a new topic and it would let me write a new topic.

image.png.3f09ae869e824abef2c2057500e9ee33.png

image.thumb.png.9d73dd05dcfd7585c084b34ff0661f5a.png

IPB 4.5 still. But just discovered the same thing today. Topics per day for specific sub-forum set to 5. User in correct user group posted 13 topics. I thought it had been working as intended until now.

3 hours ago, Emediate said:

I thought it had been working as intended until now.

It is if you use it the way it should be used:

On 6/28/2021 at 8:48 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Just checked and the plugin works as intended: it checks the primary group. You restricted a secondary group from the member. It won't work as  it check the primary group only.

It did to me as you saw in the video. Unless your board is different from everybody else here, which I don’t believe, it’s something in your end/settings.

Are these topics created in the topic post screen or via another source, like an app, rss or anything else?

Provide ACP access. I’ll take a look on Monday. 

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 2 months later...

plugin seems to be causing an error when trying to add a topic to a club

if you disable app,  the 'add topic to club works ok

error logged below - hook2706  = is this apps hook

ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function IPS\forums\_Forum::clubForm(), 1 passed in /home/huh/html/init.php(902) : eval()'d code on line 105 and exactly 2 expected (0)
#0 /home/huh/html/init.php(902) : eval()'d code(105): IPS\forums\_Forum->clubForm()
#1 /home/huh/html/applications/core/modules/admin/clubs/clubs.php(468): IPS\forums\hook2706->clubForm()
#2 /home/huh/html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\admin\clubs\_clubs->nodeForm()
#3 /home/huh/html/applications/core/modules/admin/clubs/clubs.php(38): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /home/huh/html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\admin\clubs\_clubs->execute()
#5 /home/huh/html/0000admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

Edited by sound
3 minutes ago, OptimusBain said:

Hello @Adriano Faria

I am having a problem with this plugin. It's interfering with the clubs management. If the plugin is enabled, I won't be able to manage the club. I click on Manage Club --> Topics and I will get this error. If I go to the ACP and I try to edit the club, I will get a similar error.

If I disable the plugin, the club will work perfectly.

Thanks a lot

image.png.841101d2cf910e2d74f1e4a7cb930279.png

Click to open on a new tab instead. You'll see the error.

5 minutes ago, OptimusBain said:

I click on Manage Club --> Topics and I will get this error. I

Nevermind. It's the same error from the post above yours. There's already a pending version in the marketplace that fixes it.

• 11 months later...

Hi, ok so I’ve got the plugin and now it’s kind of what I want and I’m kind of happy to spend money on it but after checking and testing I’m a bit disappointed and would like you to think about different approach to the restorations.

So atm I can go to each sub forum and add like 2 post for each member per day but in total that will give them an option to post like 30 topics on the whole board . What I want is the restriction to post new topics but in spectrum of the whole board-forum per group. So members as a group can be restricted to post as a example 3 posts per day in any category/ sub forum etc 
Hope you know what I mean??

I do.

Well, a few things:

1. The name of this resource is Number of Topics per Forum, which should give you an idea that it is to be applied in the forums you want, not all.
  2. Using this, you’ll have the flexibility to restrict per group, quantity of topics and time limit and all of this PER FORUM, which means you can restrict GroupA to create X topics in ForumA per week and Y topics in ForumB per month and so on.
  3. If you wanted a simpler thing, like a hard coded time unit and quantity in ALL FORUMS, you should really have opted for the other solution.
Edited by Adriano Faria