Number of Topics per Forum

This unfortunately is still not working as intended for me :( 

Sorry, there is a problem

You can't create new topics because you reached the maximum number of 1 allowed topics for your group in this forum

Error code: TOPICS PER FORUM/1

image.thumb.png.d830caeab26fa8fca1db70b13729038b.png

My only topic in this section is locked and pinned:

image.thumb.png.7fa7963a085392c0989c3f7793e389fa.png

Furthermore if i change the max amount of topics for administrator to 2 or higher it still returns the above error.

Edited by Dan Richardson
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

runnin latest invision and version  2.1.1 of this plugin

When i try to 'split' posts off a topic

I get a 500 error and the system logs report

Error: Call to a member function getNrTopicsForumData() on null (0)

#0 /html/system/Content/Controller.php(3689): IPS\forums\hook2179::formElements(Object(IPS\forums\Topic))
#1 /html/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(1143): IPS\Content\_Controller->_splitForm(Object(IPS\forums\Topic))
#2 /html/system/Content/Controller.php(3293): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->_splitForm(Object(IPS\forums\Topic))....

when I disable the plugin the split post from topic works ok

looking like the hook for this plugin is the cause?

1 hour ago, sound said:

runnin latest invision and version  2.1.1 of this plugin

When i try to 'split' posts off a topic

I get a 500 error and the system logs report

Error: Call to a member function getNrTopicsForumData() on null (0)

#0 /html/system/Content/Controller.php(3689): IPS\forums\hook2179::formElements(Object(IPS\forums\Topic))
#1 /html/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(1143): IPS\Content\_Controller->_splitForm(Object(IPS\forums\Topic))
#2 /html/system/Content/Controller.php(3293): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->_splitForm(Object(IPS\forums\Topic))....

when I disable the plugin the split post from topic works ok

looking like the hook for this plugin is the cause?

I’ll take a look tomorrow. I’m away today. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2017 at 11:30 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Yes, it is a global setting PER GROUP but the limitation is PER MEMBER.

@Adriano FariaI hope this will work for us. We have a particular forum where members can ask us questions. We only want to take 25 questions per month total. Will this pluging be able to lock a forum or prevent there from being more than 25 questions? I see above you mentioned it's per member not per forum. 

3 hours ago, Justin Stellman said:

Is there a way to edit or customize the error text when the maximum number of topics are reached?

Sure, it’s a language bit. You can change it in your ACP.

3 hours ago, Justin Stellman said:

@Adriano FariaI hope this will work for us. We have a particular forum where members can ask us questions. We only want to take 25 questions per month total. Will this pluging be able to lock a forum or prevent there from being more than 25 questions? I see above you mentioned it's per member not per forum. 

It’s per forum/member group. I mean, you can set Members group to have 1 topic in Forum1 per day/week/month/year, so this restriction will be applied for all users in Members group. 

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Bug/Suggestion - In case topic needs to be approved before they are visible, the plugin does not detect the topics in that case. Users are able to post as many topics as they want as they are pending approval. Once the number of topics is approved, the user is not able to post anymore for the day.

Is it possible to count pending approval/hidden topics as well?

• 1 month later...

Quick question on this plugin... I want to limit the number of topics that a user group can open every day to 10 per day. Do I need to lock all his previous topics or does it detect only the new topics by date?

I mean, in some forums there are users with a hundred topics each, do I need to lock all those topics or will the app ignore older ones and will only count those posted every day until 10 is reached?
Thanks

I am asking this in a second post because it's a different thing.

Does the app start working on new topics since the app is installed or will count the topics already posted during a period of time by a user in a certain user group? I am saying it because I have a user group called mentoring for which I limited the number of topics to 10. He has posted more than 10 topics topic, I have specified 10 as maximum topics for that user group and forum. I signed in like him, tried to open a new topic and it would let me write a new topic.

image.png.3f09ae869e824abef2c2057500e9ee33.png

image.thumb.png.9d73dd05dcfd7585c084b34ff0661f5a.png