Number of Topics per Forum

About This File

Useful in support/study groups boards, this plugin will control the number of open (unlocked) topics that each user group can have in each forum in a specific period (hour, day, week and month), by adding a new tab on MANAGE FORUMS, listing all groups and allowing enter a number of topics.

Settings per forum:

• Number of topics per group
  • Period: hour, day, week and month

IP.Board 3.4: https://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/6289-number-of-topics-per-forum/

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, something isn't working. I am using this plugin to limit professional sellers tooics inside certain forums.

Some of them are reporting system is blocking them from opening a new topic even though their last topic has been opened more than 30 days ago, while the limit is one topic per month. 

In fact, logging in as one member of this group, last topic april the 20, I can't post a new topic today, may the 21. Editing the limit to 2 post per month doesn't unblock me from posting a new topic.

5 minutes ago, Flashbax said:

In fact, logging in as one member of this group, last topic april the 20, I can't post a new topic today, may the 21. Editing the limit to 2 post per month doesn't unblock me from posting a new topic.

Does the other topic is locked?

On 14/01/2016 at 11:24 PM, Adriano Faria said:

this plugin will control the number of open (unlocked) topics that each user group can have in each forum in a specific period (hour, day, week and month)

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
7 hours ago, SerialNoob said:

Would be awesome to add support for Club, on my forum most nonsense unveil in clubs

You don’t edit club features (topics) as a regular forum. Only title and description are there. Even if I add those fields, anyone when creating a club feature would be able to set a different number of topics/unit per feature, which doesn’t make sense, since this should be an admin decision. 

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

You don’t edit club features (topics) as a regular forum. Only title and description are there. Even if I add those fields, anyone when creating a club feature would be able to set a different number of topics/unit per feature, which doesn’t make sense, since this should be an admin decision. 

I'm the only one allowed to create clubs on my forum. I'm using the club feature in a different way.

On 16/10/2017 at 11:49 PM, SerialNoob said:

Would be awesome to add support for Club, on my forum most nonsense unveil in clubs

What's New in Version 2.0.3:

• Added support to Clubs

Notice: the new tab TOPICS PER FORUM will only appear AFTER you create the forum feature. So to use the plugin in Clubs, follow the steps:

1. Create the forum feature
  2. Go to newly created feature
  3. Click in Manage Club then in Edit this Forum.
  4. Configure as you wish in the TOPICS PER FORUM tab.

clXzlLi.png

I4v3qy6.png

• 4 months later...
6 hours ago, Dan Richardson said:

First issue I have is I MUST set a time period, I can simply use the default 'no time limit"

I see, NO TIME LIMIT isn't working. Will fix it.

6 hours ago, Dan Richardson said:

The second thing is that it counts locked topics, rather than not counting them.

No, it counts OPEN topics as described on its description:

this plugin will control the number of open (unlocked) topics that each user group can have in each forum in a specific period (hour, day, week and month)

Query:

$topics = \IPS\Db::i()->select( 'count(*)', 'forums_topics', array( "starter_id=? AND forum_id=? AND start_date>? AND state=?", \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id, $container->id, $unit, 'open' ) )->first();

You can see the state = 'open'

Edited by Adriano Faria