Forum support for questions is woefully inadequate

ArchangelX

Hi all,

First let me say that I love the product and the way it works.  However, when it comes to getting answers on this forum on customization or even just simple questions, the support feels horrible.  One look at the forum sections here will reveal hundreds of questions asked with very little response or none at all.  As an amateur coder, this makes it really  hard to do even the simplest things.

Although I understand PHP okay to a point, these forums use a type of HTML Logic I'm not familiar with and cannot find any guides other than the ones created by IPB which are limited in their scope.  

It'd be nice if there could be a little more support in the forums regarding questions using the logic that IPB runs on.  Appreciate the help though when it is received. "opentype" has been really helpful and has answered most of my questions.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand...it's a bit unfortunate that we don't get more help though from the company.  I understand that you only offer technical support primarily for non-modification questions, but when you barely have any documentation (which is getting better) on how to customize or even use pages, then it makes it difficult for the end-user. 

There has been a lot of effort put into refactoring the documentation recently. Only a smaller portion of it is currently available, but you should see many significant improvements in that area over time.

Pages is something that has particularly been getting a lot of attention, and should have some fairly extensive documentation available once all is said and done.

Archived