Problem: Custom Profile Fields not displayed

nealtz

Hello,

switched recently from vBulletin 4 to IPB 3 and upgraded to IPB 4.

The custom profile fields from vB got converted. But they don't show up most of the times.

I found this information: Custom Profile Fields

1. In some profiles I can see the fields but most of the time they are not displayed.
  2. When I choose "Edit User Profile" more profile fields show up but not all.
  3. After I save the profile fields in the editor, I can see all fields from the editor in the user profile even when some of the fields didn't show up before I got in the profile editor.

Any hints?

PS: Is there an option to force existing members to fill out new profile fields before they can use the forum again?

There seems to be little documentation on the profile fields. I'm struggling with designing a few.

1 hour ago, nealtz said:

Is there an option to force existing members to fill out new profile fields before they can use the forum again?

The required toggle applies only to registration, so I'd say no
unless you added some kind script imitating the one that forces people to accept changes to the T&C and Privacy Policy.

I also noticed that editing a profile field has no effect until the member edits his/her own profile fields again
or you edit the member on the ACP and hit save to apply changes to the account.

Seems to be like one of those "it's not a bug; it's a feature" kind of thing.
But I'm not really sure what exactly they changed from IPB3 to IPB4; I just know they changed something.
Still working on these profile things... :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info!

For the records: I submitted a support ticket.

After some research and back and forth the support could solve the problem.

In our case the main problem was that something went wrong while converting the custom profile fields from vB 4.0 to IPB. With access to the old vB database the support could solve the problem. Now everything works as expected. :thumbsup: !

Archived