Status Update/Profile Posts

Izaya Orihara

I feel like I may have seen this before...forgive me in advance but status updates sort of bug me. I am not sure if it is a setting I am just unaware of what but

1. I hate that we have the status update but we're unable to fully see the complete text unless we go to the person's profile

2. YouTube videos don't show a video in the status post or half the time the link is just plain text

Is there a way to fix this? Possibly a mod?

Yeah it's odd that Staus Updates were The Big Thing and now they're treated as so differently they're mostly ignored.

I've also noticed today that profile comments seem to have gone, and Group Blogs where you could add a few editors or contributors on a blog have gone too - my staff blog is now apparently just my blog. I've searched in my boards settings thinking the upgrades may have disabled them accidentally but they seem to be gone here too.

That expanded widgets update plugin should have been a default optional feature from IPS. It's very sad that IPS has neglected to include that in the ACP for status updates. With how IPS seems to be ignoring Status Updates now, it would have been better to just remove the whole thing outright because the feature has been rendered impotent. Now, the only way to expand status updates view is to spend $15 on a plugin from the marketplace.

11 hours ago, Morisato said:

That expanded widgets update plugin should have been a default optional feature from IPS. It's very sad that IPS has neglected to include that in the ACP for status updates. With how IPS seems to be ignoring Status Updates now, it would have been better to just remove the whole thing outright because the feature has been rendered impotent. Now, the only way to expand status updates view is to spend $15 on a plugin from the marketplace.

That's not the only thing the plugin is good for..

Also, you could just as well head to the ACP and edit your theme's template RecentStatusUpdatesStatus, which is under core > front > widgets.

Find this:

<div class='ipsType_richText ipsContained' data-ipsTruncate data-ipsTruncate-type='remove' data-ipsTruncate-size='3 lines'>
  {$status->truncated()|raw}
</div>

Change to this:

<div class='ipsType_richText ipsContained'>
  {$status->content()|raw}
</div>

6 hours ago, Fnuxale said:

That's not the only thing the plugin is good for..

Also, you could just as well head to the ACP and edit your theme's template RecentStatusUpdatesStatus, which is under core > front > widgets.

Find this:

<div class='ipsType_richText ipsContained' data-ipsTruncate data-ipsTruncate-type='remove' data-ipsTruncate-size='3 lines'>
  {$status->truncated()|raw}
</div>

Change to this:

<div class='ipsType_richText ipsContained'>
  {$status->content()|raw}
</div>

and what does this do exactly?

4 hours ago, superj707 said:

for some reason only certain people on my site can post status. There must be some restriction or permission setting I am missing

There's a setting when you edit your profile, "Enable Status Updates", in my case it was off by default..

• 1 year later...

Archived