Change Group in Moderator Panel

Request:

Please let us (optionally) remove the "change group" option in the user post bit (left side of the forum posts)

I have so many entries in there and it's just too much information there. It doesnt look nice if you have many entries and you can't even sort them.

Thanks.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/6/2021 at 1:20 AM, Liloz01 said:

It also seems that if you are an Administrator, no logs are recorded from ModCP. Is this a bug for everyone or just me?

Yes, of course. Administrator actions are logged in Admin Logs. Moderator CP, are actions performed by moderators, even if you're an admin. IPS4 defines ADMIN as someone that has ACP access/rights. Moderators perform actions in public side. You can be a moderator and not be an admin as you can also be an admin and not be a moderator, thus actions performed in ModCP are logged in in Moderator logs.

It's easy to test. Perform any action in ModCP logged in as an admin. The action will show up in Moderator Logs, not in Administrators logs.

On 9/6/2021 at 1:20 AM, Liloz01 said:

Will the logs ever be improved to show what was changed?

I’ll take a look when I have to release a new version. 

Edited by Adriano Faria
18 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

It's easy to test. Perform any action in ModCP logged in as an admin. The action will show up in Moderator Logs, not in Administrators logs.

My issue is that when signed in as an Admin, there is no log generated at all; nothing in Mod Logs or Admin logs. Sorry if that was not communicated well. 

18 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I’ll take a look when I have to release a new version. 

Thank you! For the time being I'm going to use a hook that overwrites logging to include the logging functionality I asked for - if you would like the hook, let me know! (It's not made right now, though).

Edited by Liloz01
1 hour ago, Liloz01 said:

My issue is that when signed in as an Admin, there is no log generated at all; nothing in Mod Logs or Admin logs. Sorry if that was not communicated well. 

Thank you! For the time being I'm going to use a hook that overwrites logging to include the logging functionality I asked for - if you would like the hook, let me know! (It's not made right now, though).

I just tested and the log is added in the Moderator Logs as I said before:

cZPNAIw.png

I'll try to inform the groups added/removed in the log entry.

----------------------------

EDIT: Just noticed there's no log for SECONDARY GROUPS; only for PRIMARY.

----------------------------

That's how log entry will be from now on:

- Primary Group:

F9S3I4M.png

- Secondary Group:

PGkfqKy.png

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Liloz01 said:

Seems to be taking a lot longer than usual... could you possibly DM me the files so I could just install it now?

Yes, there was some misunderstanding and it was submitted a couple of times. I’ll send a message. You can uninstall yours as it doesn’t add data and install it back when the marketplace version is out.

Hi, thanks for the update which I just installed.

However it seems that certain information is no longer available. For instance the membership number used to be available and now it's not. This is very handy to be able to get an idea immediately of how long somebody had been a member of the forum.

Also when you clicked on a user's name on a post it would pop up and give you information such as the reputation value. This no longer displays either.

Is this intentional?

Actually the reputation is still there. It disappeared bit of now it's come back. But the membership number doesn't seem to be available any more even if I switch your application off

8 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

Hi, thanks for the update which I just installed.

However it seems that certain information is no longer available. For instance the membership number used to be available and now it's not. This is very handy to be able to get an idea immediately of how long somebody had been a member of the forum.

Also when you clicked on a user's name on a post it would pop up and give you information such as the reputation value. This no longer displays either.

Is this intentional?

Actually the reputation is still there. It disappeared bit of now it's come back. But the membership number doesn't seem to be available any more even if I switch your application off

I think you are confusing this with another resource. All it always did was add a link in  postContainer:

5AE15CB9-916E-416E-A23B-3AF1EE60DA2F.jpeg.cf842f3d6fc78214433e5cd02d68bd75.jpeg

That never changed.