Change Group in Moderator Panel

Hi adriano,

I am using this so our admins can easily change a members group to "banned" so they only have access to certain parts of the forums. The issue is that when we change the users group via your plugin, it changes their primary group, but not their secondary group.

EX: If user is primary "donator group" and secondary "member group", when they are changed to ban, they can still post and access the whole forum because it is using their member group.

Can you make a option in settings or change it so when the group is changed, the users secondary group is also changed?

8 minutes ago, Wind0ws said:

The issue is that when we change the users group via your plugin, it changes their primary group, but not their secondary group.

This is exacly how the plugin is supposed to work. You could have used this topic to make your question before buy it. If it was to ADD to secondary groups, the plugin would have other name, rather than CHANGE.

CHANGE GROUP means primary group, not secondary groups.

• 2 months later...

Question: Does this plugin allow per group permissions, for example I have different levels of staff groups, the lowest level of staff group is allowed to promote users to two different groups but not any others, my higher level of staff groups are allowed to promote to all groups. Is that possible with this plugin? From what I have read it appears as you have one global permission system for all groups allowed to change group but I just want to confirm

2 hours ago, Joshua Stoner said:

Question: Does this plugin allow per group permissions, for example I have different levels of staff groups, the lowest level of staff group is allowed to promote users to two different groups but not any others, my higher level of staff groups are allowed to promote to all groups. Is that possible with this plugin? From what I have read it appears as you have one global permission system for all groups allowed to change group but I just want to confirm

AFAIK, the only restriction is that a NON - ADMIN can't move an ADMIN to another group and this is replicated on this plugin. Not sure what you mean by " different levels of staff groups".

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, Gideon V said:

I'm currently on system V 4.1.9. if that matters. 

27 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

IPS made some changes to that area in 4.1.9 indeed and aparentelly I forgot to update this plugin.

Oops, I confunded plugjns. This had no change.

Did you upload the file to your server? Chowe the allowed groups?

6 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

IPS made some changes to that area in 4.1.9 indeed and aparentelly I forgot to update this plugin.

I'll update it in a couple of hours but I can only test it on newest version.

Wish I could test it on the latest version but i'm not sure if our current theme will be compatible with it. 
I think that that is the problem indeed! the ftp is blocking the upload so i'm going to contact the host. Thank you for your time. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I will make it as app. IPS won't help with FTP. 

What's New in Version 1.1.0:

• Resource converted to application, so IPS hosted clients can also use it.

Upgrade from 1.0.0 to 1.1.0:

• Uninstall this plugin
  • Remove the file changeGroup.php from applications\core\extensions\core\ModCp folder via FTP.
  • Install the application
Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems broken to me even tho I have all the settings correct, can the creator check this out? It seems to disappear at times where the change group wouldnt be under their post count, and when it comes up for myself being admin I would get 

"

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you are trying to access is not available for your account.

Error code: 2S194/2"

While a moderator it was working fine..

• 4 months later...