amazon s3 setup error

Cosmic

I'm trying to set-up Amazon s3 for remote file storage.

S3 is all new to me, tho I've created an account and been able to upload a test file from within the s3 console and then access it via a browser.

I've then gone to the ACP, to do the set-up there, and after filling in the details and submitting it gives me the error msg:-
--------
There appears to be a problem with your Amazon (bucketname) file storage settings which can cause problems with uploads.
After attempting to upload a file to the directory, the URL to the file is returning a HTTP 411 error. Update your settings and then check and see if the problem has been resolved
--------

I've looked around the s3 settings but can't find anything that might be the problem, so i'm hoping someone here might be able to tell me what i need to do.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/01/2016 at 10:23 AM, MikePT said:

Having the same issue.

@dancingbear Did you find what it was?

I know I re-entered the info into the various fields on the page in ACP. Its possible I entered different - correct - info.

'bucket name' is the name of a bucket you've created within your s3 account.
'bucket path' is the name of a folder (directory) you've created within that bucket, without a leading or trailing slash.

The 'access key' and 'secret key' are the ones you get from the page that has a link by the ACP's 'access key' field, from the box that pops up on the screen when you arrive on that page. There's no need for the 'users' bit (I've not used it), so just click on 'continue to security credentials' button and go to the 'Access Keys (Access Key ID and Secret Access Key)' bit where you can get the access and secret keys. Click on the blue 'create new access key' button which will create your keys.

That should be it.

I hope that helps. :)

• 1 month later...

Hi @dancingbear do you not need permissions? Tech support said I needed the following, but I haven't a clue how to enter them. :(

"s3:GetBucketLocation", "s3:GetObject", "s3:DeleteObject", "s3:GetObjectAcl", "s3:ListBucket", "s3:ListBucketVersions", "s3:ListMultipartUploadParts", "s3:PutBucketNotification", "s3:PutObject", "s3:PutObjectAcl", "s3:PutObjectVersionAcl", "s3:RestoreObject"

On 28/02/2016 at 7:56 PM, Lenny Warren said:

Hi @dancingbear do you not need permissions? Tech support said I needed the following, but I haven't a clue how to enter them. :(

"s3:GetBucketLocation", "s3:GetObject", "s3:DeleteObject", "s3:GetObjectAcl", "s3:ListBucket", "s3:ListBucketVersions", "s3:ListMultipartUploadParts", "s3:PutBucketNotification", "s3:PutObject", "s3:PutObjectAcl", "s3:PutObjectVersionAcl", "s3:RestoreObject"

I can't be sure now, but I think I might have had to set the permissions of my chosen s3 'bucket' to public, but other than that IPB handled it* all automatically.

(I say 'handled it', but because of the size of some files it didn't, and IPB support had to advise me to change some of my PHP settings temporarily to enable the transfer of files to s3 to complete)

More than that I can't tell you, sorry.

Archived