Possible to close bottom black notification box

TSP

Hi, 

When there is a notification about a new reply in a topic (or some other notification) this presents itself in a black box at the bottom on the device. 

This can be annoying sometimes, especially on mobile devices where space is limited and you're on a very active community. Suddenly there is this black box that drags your attention away and uses valuable space. You may not want to inspect the new replies right away and instead continue on writing a reply with no desire to see any new posts before you've posted it or continue reading the topic without the black box disturbing you.

So when this pops up, could you let there be an opportunity to hide/close the bottom notification box on the current page? It would then not present itself again until you start a "new session" by refreshing the page or visiting another page. 

• 1 month later...

I am looking for the answer to this question as well. We recently upgraded from 3.x to 4.x and almost all of our members are complaining about this. Turning off all notifications still leaves this annoying "new replies" pop up. Please tell us how to turn it off.

On 27 February 2016 at 1:11 PM, Ankhy said:

I am looking for the answer to this question as well. We recently upgraded from 3.x to 4.x and almost all of our members are complaining about this. Turning off all notifications still leaves this annoying "new replies" pop up. Please tell us how to turn it off.

To turn off the popup go to System > Advanced Configuration (under settings) > Turn off Automatic Polling at the bottom.

You can switch notifications back on if you like then and they will only appear in the bell icon at the top with no popup

17 minutes ago, TSP said:

The problem with that is that it turns it off completely. I simply want to be able to dismiss it on the current page I'm on.

I could be wrong but thought could dismiss it (make it go away) just by clicking anywhere outside the box area or are you trying to do something else ?

• 4 months later...
29 minutes ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

Which template and CSS can I edit the notification box that appears at the bottom center?

Protip: if you're using Google Chrome, right-click something and then select Inspect. ie:

b6d202e5245fa2c6f932801c0fbb0ca4.gif

That'll open up a side-panel, give you tooltips etc so you can find the css class, span, or anything you need. You can do this to anything anywhere. So next time you get a notification, right-click it the part you want, ie the text, and click Inspect.

10 minutes ago, Lyonharted said:

Protip: if you're using Google Chrome, right-click something and then select Inspect. ie:

b6d202e5245fa2c6f932801c0fbb0ca4.gif

That'll open up a side-panel, give you tooltips etc so you can find the css class, span, or anything you need. You can do this to anything anywhere. So next time you get a notification, right-click it the part you want, ie the text, and click Inspect.

Thanks for the reply! This has been bugging me for a while now.

Sadly I don't use Google Chrome. I thought the template was either "notificationsAjax" or "notificationsRows" but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'd like to change the background and font settings.

Archived