IPS Staff: Charles - Restrictively

Brian Klein

Hello @Charles, I was hoping I could discuss the Embedded YouTube issue in a little more detail, to see if there was any updates on the topic; the majority of the topics here in the forums are scattered at best; and there seems to derive a rather distinct issue with this embedding problem, even on our beloved site. We really appreciate all the hard work you and the IPS staff are putting in to ensure that all the services you provide are up to -par-, I was hoping in the meat of it all, there was a patch or a distinct natural resolve to the perplexing puzzle of the YouTube embedding corollaries.

I know when I post the direct link into my posts at my site, the site gives me the same link I posted (excluding the videos). When I use "Source" to put it in I can cut and paste the embedded link provided by iframes at YouTube, but am being told this is not how I should have to do it.

From what I've gathered, one should simply be able to post the very link that YouTube provides into a 'cut and paste' methodology. Again, this not the case at our site, I have submitted a ticket for reference, as many of the other staff elaborate, that is the way to go. Is there anything I can do on my end to speed it along as YouTube is a huge connection to our site? Referencing ticket numerical value is as follows: 937426

My example is as follows: http://community.humanastory.com/topic/289-life-the-fickle/ (what you are seeing is a direct iframe submission using the 'source' button provided by my editor in the default theme provided by - IPS - as part of their default packaging.

I am sure this is a small but annoying issue you've all had the fortunate solicitude of reading over and over, but it is unclear as to what to do. as of now, I use the source code iframe provided by embedded from YouTube.

Kind Regards,

Brian (Humanastory)

28 minutes ago, Morisato said:

You enter the link, hit enter, and wait for IPS4 to generate the embedded video. You can't hit 'submit reply' because the system doesn't have time to generate the embedded video. It's a side effect that hasn't been corrected yet.

I am not sure I follow clearly what you are stating. Are you suggesting that we input the URL and wait for the system to display a video before 'submitting a reply'?

43 minutes ago, Morisato said:

You enter the link, hit enter, and wait for IPS4 to generate the embedded video. You can't hit 'submit reply' because the system doesn't have time to generate the embedded video. It's a side effect that hasn't been corrected yet.

Aparently it is exactly what you're saying, it seems to work this way. I'm assuming it is a glitch, but, never the less, it works! thanks for the small tip.

The way it works, you paste the url link and hit the enter key. Give it a few moments so that the software can properly embed the file, it should take a few seconds. It was how it was explained to me, when I posted about the issue on my community.

6 hours ago, Morisato said:

The way it works, you paste the url link and hit the enter key. Give it a few moments so that the software can properly embed the file, it should take a few seconds. It was how it was explained to me, when I posted about the issue on my community.

It seems to work, I was told differently, but as far as methods go; thank you @Morisato. I appreciate some closure to this implausible dilemma. It requires a little patience to make it work and that is fine by me.

===========================

I will consider this matter closed as a result of your kind reactions in this matter, thank you.

Kind Regards,

Brian (Humanastory!)

6 hours ago, Morisato said:

I did have one question for those who might know how to fix it, when I do as suggested; it does seem to work, but my issue now is one of alignment.

How can I align it to 'center' of the line within the post it is in, it seems to want to align left of page :)

Thanks @Humanastorian. I had the same problem you did and I was informed to hit the enter key and wait for the software to propagate the embedded video. When you posted, it sounded like you were having the same problem. Unfortunately, I haven't discovered how to center the video or align it. Maybe someone else has a solution to this alignment issue.

2 hours ago, Morisato said:

Thanks @Humanastorian. I had the same problem you did and I was informed to hit the enter key and wait for the software to propagate the embedded video. When you posted, it sounded like you were having the same problem. Unfortunately, I haven't discovered how to center the video or align it. Maybe someone else has a solution to this alignment issue.

Again, @Morisato, thank you for you're support in this endeavor, I needed the spice of technically enlightened. I don't know much about computers and the internet. It's been a challenge just getting all of this off the ground - my gratitude can't be expressed enough. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Brian (Humanastory!)

Post Script:

I believe the alignment issues I am encountering is coming from a 'theme' skin, but I am not 100% accurate on this matter, hopefully someone will be able to direct me @Charles, and the other @IPS STAFF deserve some credit with all their work! .:wub:

Archived