Suggestion: Allow for a basic editor instead of CKEditor

UK-Varsh

Just now, UK-Varsh said:

@Lindy Thanks for bringing the topic back.

Is there an option to allow for users to have the source option? This was pretty useful in IPB3 and not having it in IPS4 seemed strange, unless this is a security issue? I'd imagine that CKEditor parses only pure HTML+CSS so I couldn't imagine it being so. Perhaps have this as an option in the admin panel?

"Can post html?" is a group level option, and will reveal the source button.

7 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

If it's the entire box that you want to get rid of then move cursor over the quote and click the + sign thingy that appears....then press delete/backspace:

Screenshot_5.png.8953d0edb84a5309ffcadd8

Easy enough - it just took me a few tries to figure it out.  Maybe if the box said "click to delete" or something, it would be super easy for people to figure out.

2 minutes ago, jackflash said:

Easy enough - it just took me a few tries to figure it out.  Maybe if the box said "click to delete" or something, it would be super easy for people to figure out.

But the box isn't for "click to delete" - it allows you to select the whole box. Hovering the cursor gives you 'Click and drag to move'....so what happens if you just click -> it selects.

Logic then dictates that pressing 'delete' will delete the selected item.

I really like the new editor. I am glad IPB isn't bloated with legacy support for everything on earth. I knew when I upgraded that I was getting into a brand new ground up build. That approach is paying off for IPB I think. It's leading edge!!

With that said, I would like a few more options in the mobile editor.. How can I control this?

Thank you

2 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

But the box isn't for "click to delete" - it allows you to select the whole box. Hovering the cursor gives you 'Click and drag to move'....so what happens if you just click -> it selects.

Logic then dictates that pressing 'delete' will delete the selected item.

I get it all now after trial and error.  Maybe some prompts for really novice users

20 minutes ago, superj707 said:

I really like the new editor. I am glad IPB isn't bloated with legacy support for everything on earth. I knew when I upgraded that I was getting into a brand new ground up build. That approach is paying off for IPB I think. It's leading edge!!

With that said, I would like a few more options in the mobile editor.. How can I control this?

Thank you

Agree. You simply cannot keep incorporating and supporting legacy environments forever.  Now that SYNC3 is out, I've already forgotten about the previous versions.

32 minutes ago, superj707 said:

Thank you

Same way you add more options in the full editor - drag/drop buttons in the ACP -> Customisation -> (Editor) Toolbars. You have a Large, Medium & Small editor to play with.

All well and good not to keep up with legacy stuff, although when someone's been using IPB products for more than a decade and is used to keyboarding all the BBcode, it's pretty shocking to find out you have to keep using the mouse and clicking stuff. Clicking stuff is slower for some of us.

Aside from that, I am unable to upload CKEditor files, I keep getting a "Sorry, there is a problem" error message, code 1C120/9 and it's driving me mental. All I'm doing is downloading it and immediately uploading it (trying) and I can't track down what the problem might be.

Any ideas? TIA.

Archived