Firefox and IPS4

Barbara

I have a member using Firefox who cannot post on the message board.  When she uses Chrome she doesn't have that problem.  There never was a problem before upgrading to IPS4.  I had her delete cookies and try again, but it still doesn't work.  Are there any suggestions as to why Firefox won't let her post?

Is she using a recent(ish) or the latest version of Firefox ?

I use it almost exclusively and have not had an issue really. :)

First step, ask her to check she has the latest one via Help > About Firefox menu. Latest version (for Windows at least, I'm not sure how the updates are scheduled for a Mac) at the time of posting this is 43.0.3.

Next, do you have custom themes on your community ? If so have her check with the default one temporarily.

Depends what you mean by cannot post - no option to start new topic or reply to? Or there are those options but the 'Submit...' buttons aren't available when she goes to submit the reply? Or she can't type a post at all?

Which one?

Other ideas: disable all add-ons/extensions in Firefox and try again. What happens when you log in as her in Firefox?

4 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Depends what you mean by cannot post - no option to start new topic or reply to? Or there are those options but the 'Submit...' buttons aren't available when she goes to submit the reply? Or she can't type a post at all?

Which one?

Other ideas: disable all add-ons/extensions in Firefox and try again. What happens when you log in as her in Firefox?

I believe she can't post at all.

2 minutes ago, Barbara said:

I believe she can't post at all.

I got that from your opening post - but how does the issue present itself? No option to reply/start a new topic? No option to submit? No option to type a post?

Make this easier for yourself - open Firefox and use the option to log in as her (view her profile in the ACP, click the 'Sign in' button) and see if you have the same issue(s)....if you don't then you're most likely looking at an issue specific to her browser. If you do then you're most likely looking at an isssue specific to the account or your site.

Archived