Group Blogs Functionality Too Restrictive

FirestormXVI

The front page says this:

Enable users to create and maintain their own individual or group blogs from within your community, to share their ideas & thoughts.

Unfortunately they cannot create their own group blogs. The only way to do so seems to be from the Admin CP and even then I can't just let my users select their own writing team for their blog. It's really restrictive and requires me to manage too much and create a whole bunch of member groups that won't be used for anything else. This was a major selling point for Blogs for me so I'm pretty disappointed by this. This was worded in a way that made me think someone could create a blog and add their friends to it to also write =/

Strangely, you can go to acp and change a member's blog to a group blog, but that's member groups. (Why would you want to do that? Change a member's personal blog to a blog for an entire member group and vice versa? I guess there's the rare situation.) Looks like editors are gone.

2 hours ago, Lindy said:

We have some cool things planned for this in the future. No, there's no ETA though. :)

Sounds good. Can you elaborate?

14 hours ago, chilihead said:

Strangely, you can go to acp and change a member's blog to a group blog, but that's member groups. (Why would you want to do that? Change a member's personal blog to a blog for an entire member group and vice versa? I guess there's the rare situation.) Looks like editors are gone.

Weird, how did the spellcheck line save from Chrome for acp:unsure:

There it is again. Bug in IPS?

• 2 months later...

Archived