IP.Pages

Joey_M

Just now, Joey_M said:

Don't we pay IPS for Marketplace submissions, then they pay the developer?

I don't think they would have to strain to much from that kind of arrangement.

But in this case, you are asking IPS to hold onto monies pending a job that may or may not be completed to the satisfaction of all parties involved, or completed at all. They open themselves up to all kinds of headaches... Again, that's just my guess, and maybe I'm wrong... I would love to see it happen!

2 minutes ago, openfire said:

But in this case, you are asking IPS to hold onto monies pending a job that may or may not be completed to the satisfaction of all parties involved, or completed at all. They open themselves up to all kinds of headaches... Again, that's just my guess, and maybe I'm wrong... I would love to see it happen!

I was under the assumption that when items are released, they check that they work and don't cause any major issues before the mods are approved to the general client base.

This system would work, as if the mod meets IPS standards - the money is released and then bug fixes would come like per usual. I don't think there's any reason to over complicate things and whereas I certainly agree, it could lead to headaches, a sensible approach could easily cut this out before it would even get to that stage.

One potential gray area arises when the end product is not 100% as initially promised, due to time constraints, technical difficulties/obstacles, unforeseen coding/compatibility issues, etc... What then? Does IPS become the arbiter of what constitutes the fulfilling of the developers obligation? I for one would not want that responsibility...

ie: They paid for features X,Y and Z, but the end product was missing Z. What then?

Without over complicating things, why would an agreement before hand not work out?

Time - $

Features
X = $
Y = $
Z = $

Amount request = Time & Features.

--

If work carried out takes longer, perhaps a contingency can be implemented otherwise, it would seem to be at their risk.

If features are not meant, IPS simply pay out the amount for what has been achieved - as per the agreement outlined before hand.

Archived