Please remove the usergroup filter from the member search

Apfelstrudel

Hi,

in some forums (like ours) usergroups are something private and must not be published to members.

Please remove any occurrences of this usergroup list from website parts the normal user can access. Or better, add a feature to enable/disable it.

We don't want to show the people in which category we have set them. ;)

3 minutes ago, Apfelstrudel said:

in some forums (like ours) usergroups are something private and must not be published to members.

Oh sorry, that's the ONLY way we have to list groups. You better edit the template to remove from your board.

4 minutes ago, Apfelstrudel said:

Or better, add a feature to enable/disable it.

That would be the right thing to do. But you are the only one in whole IPS4 history requesting this, so...

3 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

That would be the right thing to do. But you are the only one in whole IPS4 history requesting this, so...

Are you sure? :D:D I heard something different. ;) Doesn't matter.

Anyway, we have usergroups for special users and we don't want to show them to the public.

Maybe someone from the team can tell me where else the user can find a usergroup list. Would be great. I would apprecate some tipps what to remove in the templates.

You mean remove from the advanced member search form OR from the entire suite viewing, like posts, profiles, etc. ?

8 minutes ago, Apfelstrudel said:

Are you sure? :D:D I heard something different. ;) Doesn't matter.

Yes. Resources like this or this (and there are a bunch that wasn't update to IPS4 yet) use the groups to show users.

If I removing the group from the form, the core will still search via URL.

:D:D I didn't request to remove the usergroup feature. :D No, of course not, this is essential.

I just asked to remove all occurrences from the normal website where users can see the full list of avaiable usergroups the admin has created. ;) Like in the advanced member search.

Sorry for any misunderstandings.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone, i'm also interested by an option like that.

I find the way to temporarily solve the problem, with just some templates customization.

But, if i can find a solution in few time, without special knowledge of IPS development, i think it will be really fast for IPS team, and makes some customers really happy :)

Archived