IP.Gallery Cannot Upload More than 100 Images

Joel R

Feedback on IP.Gallery regarding the upload process

1.  You don't notify the uploader, until AFTER he's uploaded, that he can only upload 100 images.

2.  While the upload queue is still open, deleting images to bring me less than 100 images doesn't allow me to continue.  Nothing does.  I'm stuck on the uploading screen, unless I cancel, refresh, and queue a new upload.  

Some suggestions that I think are reasonable:

1.  Tell me the warning message before I upload.  

2.  I ought to be able to delete and / or add photos in the upload queue, and still Continue.

3.  I ought to be able to "Continue" in mid-upload and break the uploading process.  This allows me to at least partially upload most of my queue, instead of restarting the entire upload queue.    

Just now, Gimpymoo said:

Not to hijack your thread but I believe there should be a "import from web folder" feature.

So, point to www.website.com/pictures/project/ - Gallery imports all images from that folder in its own time, taking how many it needs to at a time.

I like your suggestion, and I've been waiting for an FTP import for both IP.Gallery and IP.Downloads.  

But it's a suggestion that has nothing to do with my OP.  

3 minutes ago, Gimpymoo said:

My thinking was that you could have 1000 images, it would do it itself, negotiating any limits of the suite as once the process is started, you could do whatever you liked as it would not affect the upload.

If that makes sense?

Yes, I understand what you're requesting.  IP.Downloads had the batch tool in v3.  It's also a common tool in most gallery systems.  It's also been requested before in this forum.  It's a back-end admin tool, though, and my suggestions were focused more on improving the front-end uploading queue, which has it's own issues.  

• 1 month later...
On 12/27/2015 at 4:56 PM, Gimpymoo said:

Not to hijack your thread but I believe there should be a "import from web folder" feature.

So, point to www.website.com/pictures/project/ - GalIlery imports all images from that folder in its own time, taking how many it needs to at a time.

I too would like this.

Is this a feature in Gallery IPS is interested in offering?

On 12/27/2015 at 4:42 PM, Joel R said:

Feedback on IP.Gallery regarding the upload process

1.  You don't notify the uploader, until AFTER he's uploaded, that he can only upload 100 images.

2.  While the upload queue is still open, deleting images to bring me less than 100 images doesn't allow me to continue.  Nothing does.  I'm stuck on the uploading screen, unless I cancel, refresh, and queue a new upload.  

Some suggestions that I think are reasonable:

1.  Tell me the warning message before I upload.  

2.  I ought to be able to delete and / or add photos in the upload queue, and still Continue.

3.  I ought to be able to "Continue" in mid-upload and break the uploading process.  This allows me to at least partially upload most of my queue, instead of restarting the entire upload queue.    

I have found all of this to be an issue as well. There is not a notification of these limits on the frontend, nor a way to alter them in the backend that I have found.

• 1 year later...

Archived