Fastest way from SMF to IP4.x.x?

SJ77

I am converting my SMF site to IP4.x.x.  I already know that I need to go SMF->IP3.4.8 -IP4.x.x but I have a few questions.

1. Must I install all of the 3.4.8 applications or just the forum? (i have them all and will use them all when it upgrades to IP4.x.x)
  2. Must I wait for all of the 3.4.8 background tasks to complete before upgrading to 4.x.x?
  3. I have a LOT of images on my SMF board so I am concerned about this making things take for ever, any suggestions?

Thank you :)

4 hours ago, superj707 said:

Must I install all of the 3.4.8 applications or just the forum? (i have them all and will use them all when it upgrades to IP4.x.x)

It's up to you, personally I would probably only install the apps that you need for the conversion

Must I wait for all of the 3.4.8 background tasks to complete before upgrading to 4.x.x?

3.4.8 doesn't have background tasks

I have a LOT of images on my SMF board so I am concerned about this making things take for ever, any suggestions?

There's not really much you can do, unless you skip the conversion of these items. It shouldn't take too long though

Archived