Planning the upgrade our car forum to 4.x Suite

RextonXVT

Hello,

Just purchased a new license for the 4.x suite, forum and gallery to upgrade our IPS 314 forum and gallery to 4.x.

The problem is that that the web master that setup the forum in the past is not available any more. There is also no documentation of the setup.

I have access to the CPanel, server etc.  and have run the requirements checker, everything is green.

Read the upgrade instruction well but have two questions:

1.  I don't now the password of the MySQL-user. Can I solve this problem by creating a new user with new password and use this?

2. What is meant with "the hostname from your web hosting provider". Is this the name of our website or that from the hosting provider?

Will make before I start the update a backup of the site and database.

Are there other things I shout be aware for?

Waiting on your replies,

RextonXVT

Hello.

You can get the sql username and password that is currently in use from the existing conf_global.php file that's in the forum root directory. The same for the 'hostname' as well, although in most cases that will be 'localhost'

Here is an example:

db_detail.png.9cc8b333c2afc7281a248d696d

Note: The upgrader will read the existing configuration file so you should not really need to know these specifics. Typically only the installer (for a new fresh install! not what you want) would want these details. , when you are ready to 'upgrade' you would visit /board_url/admin/upgrade. :) Do not visit /admin/install unless you want a new empty fresh community installation. The installer will probably complain about the existing data however as a warning to prevent 'accidents'

Ensure you have a full backup before proceeding with uploading the files. If you are really not sure, take your backup (database and files, if you don't know how to do this say please) and submit a ticket in the Client Area for assistance with the upgrade. :)

Hello Andy,

Thank you for the answers.

I am now on the last stage. Converted the database successfully. Requirements check gives all green. 

Have uploaded the new files but not sure or I haven't a level to much.  Must the folder "IPS Community Suite" be there or not? See the attached screenshot. 

Regards,

RextonXVT

ScreenShot299.jpg

Hello,

The code in the script upgrade is:  "\IPS\Db::i()->dropColumn( 'cache_store', 'cs_extra' );"

If I look into the table "cache_store" the colum 'cs_extra' is not there so there is nothing to drop.

I would say I can ignore this message and continue. Can someone with more experience confirm this?

Thank you in advance

RextonXVT 

ScreenShot327.jpg

Hello,

I managed to get every thing restored.

Is it possible that the gap between version 3.1.4 and 4.x is to large to do the upgrade in once?

I collected a long list of errors.

Can on of you give me a advise to set up a test landscape based on my current setup and Mysql database so I can do a 2 stage upgrade? First to 3.4.8 and than to 4.x..

Tank you,

<Attached file removed>

RextonXVT

3 hours ago, RextonXVT said:

Hello,

I managed to get every thing restored.

Is it possible that the gap between version 3.1.4 and 4.x is to large to do the upgrade in once?

I collected a long list of errors.

Can on of you give me a advise to set up a test landscape based on my current setup and Mysql database so I can do a 2 stage upgrade? First to 3.4.8 and than to 4.x..

Tank you,

RextonXVT

uh,, your conf file that you uploaded has your passwords and such still in it.

Hello,

Oeps, I did not noticed that that information was in it.

Thank you!!!

I managed to get a test landscape running with only the forum upgraded as the Gallery part blocked due error.

Tried to upgrade the gallery afterwards.  Upgrade of the Gallery failed again. Can not finish the upgrade.

Now the forum does not open and comes with the message Maintenance in progress.

How do I get this away?

Thank you,

RextonXVT

1 hour ago, RextonXVT said:

Hello,

Oeps, I did not noticed that that information was in it.

Thank you!!!

I managed to get a test landscape running with only the forum upgraded as the Gallery part blocked due error.

Tried to upgrade the gallery afterwards.  Upgrade of the Gallery failed again. Can not finish the upgrade.

Now the forum does not open and comes with the message Maintenance in progress.

How do I get this away?

Thank you,

RextonXVT

usually the maint in progress screen is there for upgrading IIRC.... visit the upgrade screen again and see if you need to continue something.

Archived