Signing In Issue & Mobile Post New Topic Issue

PacmanDo

#1a. Why do we have to re-sign in so often with IPS board when we rarely have to re-sign in with Facebook?

#1b. When using your mobile phone, when we are in a forum, why can't we post a topic? When on mobile, Facebook allows us to post a Topic/Status wherever we are!!!! Not just on the Entry page.

These are two huge issues I've asked about before and have seen no action taken by IPS to move in this direction.

With the rise in mobile usage these are two items too hard to continue to ignore.

1 hour ago, Lindy said:

No. I'm never logged out here, even on mobile. There is a new topic link:

What mobile device are you using?

The signing out issue is because you have set login cookies to persist for 7 days when remember me is checked (though any time you come back on, your token is refreshed). On Facebook, remember me means that you are remembered for 3 months based on the cookies that I have, and I don't think there are many people who would say that being remembered for a week really counts as "remember me".

17 hours ago, Colonel_mortis said:

The signing out issue is because you have set login cookies to persist for 7 days when remember me is checked (though any time you come back on, your token is refreshed). On Facebook, remember me means that you are remembered for 3 months based on the cookies that I have, and I don't think there are many people who would say that being remembered for a week really counts as "remember me".

Can someone at IPS please set this to be 3 months for the next update?

Thank you @Lindy for the graphic. "Start New Topic" does not appear on our forum using mobile inside any of the forums - see http://fishingminnesota.com/forums/forum/4-ice-fishing-minnesota/ on an android device....

9 minutes ago, PacmanDo said:

Can someone at IPS please set this to be 3 months for the next update?

Thank you @Lindy for the graphic. "Start New Topic" does not appear on our forum using mobile inside any of the forums - see http://fishingminnesota.com/forums/forum/4-ice-fishing-minnesota/ on an android device....

Have you verified this happens on the default skin as well with all mods turned off? It could be a skin issue.

We are using the default skin with colors changed. I just upgraded to 4.1.5.2 and it appears the "Submit New Topic" issue is fixed with the upgrade.

Thank you for the tip @Morrigan.

However the sign-in issue remains. Can IPS please resolve so the cookies last at least 3 months similar to facebook before needing to sign-in again. The 7 days feature is painful for many members. They keep telling me how they can stay logged in on FB but not on our forums. Please please please fix. @Lindy

Thank you

Archived