Repeating events on calendar - needs to be realistic

.Ian

I've been playing around with the calendar this morning and have been quite frustrated. Here are my issues

• Why is there no choice of AM/PM in the time box?
  • Why is the Summary 1 day behind on all the events I create? Even though it creates the events on the intended event.
  • The repeat event function doesn't work. I set to repeat every 4 weeks but it repeated weekly on Sunday.
  • Time Zone: I changed the time zone on the event, but when I go back to edit it defaults to New York. I don't see any default time zone settings in the Admin CP. All my events will be Central Standard Time.

567ed455c52b5_ScreenShot2015-12-26at12.4

Settings for Lake Mills Cars & Coffee above provide this result. Notice the 10AM start time due to time zone.

567ed4600a262_ScreenShot2015-12-26at12.4

I'm trying to create an event that repeats on the 1st Sunday of every month. When you choose Monthly, the Day of the Week menu disappears. Repeating every 4 weeks won't necessarily match up with the first Sunday of the month. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/12/2015 at 6:33 PM, sound said:

you can do this since 4.0

make sure when selecting the repeat frequency  you choose the repeat on (eg mon tue wed etc) option which is further down ?

Actually you can't.

It only repeats every x weeks - not on the first monday of a month for example.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016-01-07 at 8:02 PM, .Ian said:

It only repeats every x weeks - not on the first monday of a month for example.

This is correct. It is not even possible to create a repetition on a specific selection of dates (as every 3rd thursday of a month is actually just 12 dates of a year). Nor is it possible to take a current event and copy it to another date.

So if our repetition does not match the IPS default, we have to completely re-do the event every time.

This is the situation for our organisation, and we hold board meetings and test events, they are almost always the same. Yet we have zero reuse of old events.

• 2 weeks later...
On January 22, 2016 at 0:10 AM, emilhem said:

This is correct. It is not even possible to create a repetition on a specific selection of dates (as every 3rd thursday of a month is actually just 12 dates of a year). Nor is it possible to take a current event and copy it to another date.

So if our repetition does not match the IPS default, we have to completely re-do the event every time.

This is the situation for our organisation, and we hold board meetings and test events, they are almost always the same. Yet we have zero reuse of old events.

In 3.4 I was able to copy events, but I don't see this functionality in 4. I have the same situation for a car meet I'm trying to make on the first Sunday of each month.

Honestly the menu/cababilitys should be borrowed from OS X Calendar as its a simple menu that provides all the options. Speaking of OS X calendar I couldn't get the iCal feed import to work either :sad:

• 3 months later...

BIG +1 !!!

The "bug" was closed, but I too want to see a better implementation to include, for example, The [1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | last] xxxDAY of each month = 1st Saturday of each month. Or even a 1st Saturday of every other month, or once a quarter (3rd month), etc...  How about a quartz scheduler style back end? VERY flexible

Archived