Excellent Progress on IPS4 Resources Section

Kevin Carwile

9 hours ago, Rikki said:

please let us know what you'd like to see (especially regarding Pages, since that app is more about what you do with it than what it can do).

We also have some improvements to developer documentation in the works.

• How to use certain fields like Database Relationship (especially) to their fullest potential.
  • How to create a dynamic field where a user selects a country and the applicable states appear for selection.
  • How to build a jobs database with companies and job seekers. A jobs database would be a popular one to use as an example to show off all the capabilities. Sort by area, profession, salary, date, combination. Expiring job postings. Featured listings. So may variables.
  • Classified ads is another.
  • How to get databases to actually look like websites, a few examples would be nice for different looks.

Thanks

@Rikki

Great would be something with advanced blocks creating for pages similar to the existing gallery block where you have blog topics displayed with existing gallery images used ... and from other apps

Or things like Article layouts what is often requested & tried here like cybe-y grid in themes forum and usage for data from different IPS apps like Blog, .. or with multible data feeds to display in grids & blocks to get an great and professional looking pages website ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2015 at 10:17 AM, Rikki said:

Thanks for the feedback, and please let us know what you'd like to see (especially regarding Pages, since that app is more about what you do with it than what it can do).

We also have some improvements to developer documentation in the works.

I would like to see more stuff added there still nothing there in the way of content for other applications. IP.Nexus (Commerce) still has nothing and it been 6 months. What up?

On 12/28/2015 at 8:11 PM, John Morris said:

This may be the wrong topic to discuss this, but hey Marc, is there any plans for end user documentation as we had in IPS 3.4? Thanks!

Hi John,

If you take a look through the docs, then actually encompass much of both the admin and the user side. We would primarily be aiming the documentation at you guys however, so although front end documentation is there, its more with relation to showing the site owner how their members would use the product than showing the members themselves how to use the product. 

Yes, I'm just now catching up. I tried to do an installation back in July, but found that there was just not enough documentation to really figure out how it's all put together.  Now it's starting to look like I'll be able to code what I want much like vBulletin was back in its glory days.

3 hours ago, ArchangelX said:

Yes, I'm just now catching up. I tried to do an installation back in July, but found that there was just not enough documentation to really figure out how it's all put together.  Now it's starting to look like I'll be able to code what I want much like vBulletin was back in its glory days.

Thank you for the feedback. Glad you are getting to where you would like to be :) 

On 12/30/2015 at 0:20 AM, Marc S said:

Hi John,

If you take a look through the docs, then actually encompass much of both the admin and the user side. We would primarily be aiming the documentation at you guys however, so although front end documentation is there, its more with relation to showing the site owner how their members would use the product than showing the members themselves how to use the product. 

Thanks sir!

Archived