No marketplace for you!

Tracy Perry

Really @Charles?

There is no reason to download things from the Marketplace or access the support areas if you do not have an active license. Without an active license you are running outdate software.

So, if I've purchased add-ons in the market that have no renewal license, I have no need to get any updates for the add-ons because I'm running "outdated" software?  Even if there is not a new version released from IPS after my license expiry and the add-on author fixes a bug in their add on?

So, will I get a refund from IPS on those add-ons since I can no longer obtain the latest versions that may fix bugs in them since I purchased them (and updates to them) and you are now restricting me from obtaining them?

And since IPS prefers to provide support via tickets and not the forum, why should peer -> peer help be blocked for someone that paid for the license, but not renewed - just another way to "force" an income for the company from the license holder.

I was seriously going to use my IPS license on the site I took offline to use it's XF license (since IPS wasn't working for that one) but the more of this kind of trash that I read, the more I do believe I'll foist the script off on someone who likes to be told what they need and what is good for them.

• Management

Really.

The Marketplace authors have asked us to do it this way. They do not want to support people who may be multiple versions behind. Your argument does not really make sense as the Marketplace author's updates assume you also update the underlying platform. It would do you no good to download a Marketplace update for 4.1.5 if you are running 4.1.0.

I feel you forget this is how pretty much all software works. If you iOS app, Windows program, OS X app, and so on releases a bug fix update and you have not upgraded iOS itself, Windows itself, or OS X itself then that update will not download for you because it's not going to work for you.

While I realize you are trying to manufacture a problem, for what it's worth: we used to do it as you suggest. The Marketplace contributors hated it because they ended up wasting time chasing down "bugs" only to find out the issue was the client was multiple versions behind.

• Management

We are happy to discuss opinions. I also explained to you why we have this policy in place. It's really quite inappropriate to both say we are lying to you and to completely dismiss all the feedback we received from those who submit to the Marketplace that made this policy to begin with. You're disrespecting their experience.

Archived