How To Get Rid Of Update Notice?

Morpheo

It's been pointed out by @Lindy that providing advice on removing that notice is treading on dodgy ground.

You can find out through a Google search though.

That said, however, I'd consider carefully whether removing it is wise. It may, in the event of a security update being released, be your first, quickest, and most visible way of being notified of the update. Just a thought. :)

This is ridiculous. The update notification should have a close button on it.

I shouldn't have to put up with an annoying red banner that eats up 1/5th of my screen. Updating a massive live forum can be a tricky business, so I'm not going to do it at the drop of a dime every time a new update comes out.

I have not be able to find any solutions through Google Search. Please help because I don't want to use this software if I have to deal with this annoying red banner.

If it is not a security update you can dismiss it.
If it is a security update you cannot.

This was a move by IPS due to lax admins that don't take security updates seriously and end up using valuable support ticket time to fix their sites when compromised by the vulnerability.

I am  just passing this along, it has come up many times.

4 hours ago, Morpheo said:

This is ridiculous. The update notification should have a close button on it.

I shouldn't have to put up with an annoying red banner that eats up 1/5th of my screen. Updating a massive live forum can be a tricky business, so I'm not going to do it at the drop of a dime every time a new update comes out.

I have not be able to find any solutions through Google Search. Please help because I don't want to use this software if I have to deal with this annoying red banner.

Can be a tricky business although it's also a risky business not updating security releases. The missus can have her special underwear on but if I see that banner it's not tonight love, I've got a upgrade to do.

Anyhow if you really really want to ignore security releases and leave your site vulnerable use your browser inspect element tool, see the CSS it uses and add it to custom.css with display: none;

17 hours ago, EmpireKickAss said:

Should have the option in ACP to disable or enable. I like the Idea off having it however if your Licence is no longer then mehhhhh 

Not on security releases, that is just stupid and a website/forum should be updated in the first instance.

As said below, which some people don't seem to be getting.

18 hours ago, chilihead said:

If it is not a security update you can dismiss it.
If it is a security update you cannot.

This was a move by IPS due to lax admins that don't take security updates seriously and end up using valuable support ticket time to fix their sites when compromised by the vulnerability.

I am  just passing this along, it has come up many times.

Archived