Image attachments

SJ77

Are image attachments in the forum supposed to open in some kind of highslide or lightbox?

It's not happening for me. They just go to their own new page with only the attachment and my users have to click back using their back buttons.

If this is working as designed I don't think this is a very user friendly thing for Forums with posted images.

On 10/12/2015 at 9:54 AM, Hatsu said:

No, it actually should work like in this thread.

https://community.invisionpower.com/topic/423817-ips4-server-response-time/

There's a little something interesting going on there - yep, images show up in lightbox when they are clicked. But click those same images when they are quoted and they don't open in lightbox. May be a bug, may be working as intended.

@superj707 - you might need to clarify a little bit more about what exactly is not working. Attached images, when embedded in a post, will automatically be displayed in a lightbox - there is no setting that I am aware of that turns this on or off. Embedded remote images will not open in a lightbox. Maybe post a link to a thread with the issue so that people can see what is going on (if it's in a restricted area, then provide some test credentials for them to be used)

7 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

There's a little something interesting going on there - yep, images show up in lightbox when they are clicked. But click those same images when they are quoted and they don't open in lightbox. May be a bug, may be working as intended.

@superj707 - you might need to clarify a little bit more about what exactly is not working. Attached images, when embedded in a post, will automatically be displayed in a lightbox - there is no setting that I am aware of that turns this on or off. Embedded remote images will not open in a lightbox. Maybe post a link to a thread with the issue so that people can see what is going on (if it's in a restricted area, then provide some test credentials for them to be used)

Www.LoveTheseCurves.com

user:test

pass:123456AA

Old post - image opens in window:

http://www.lovethesecurves.com/index.php?/forums/topic/13913-daes-pictures/&do=findComment&comment=500963

Newer post - image opens in lightbox:

http://www.lovethesecurves.com/index.php?/forums/topic/13913-daes-pictures/&do=findComment&comment=520796

Does that offer any distinction between what is and isn't affected? (pre-upgrade = affected, post-upgrade = ok) Try editing and saving (just that, no actual change required) that old post and see if it results in the lightbox becoming active.

If you have a specific thread that has the issue on recent (post-upgrade) posts, then please link it.

Same here - maybe that is the intention as a lightbox isn't exactly going to fit well on a mobile device. Check the behaviour on desktop and advise - if you want to get an official response on all this, then I suggest you raise issues in the bug tracker instead of waiting for a response on product feedback.

1) Lightbox isn't used on mobile - is this intended?

2) Are old (pre-upgrade) images supposed to open in a lightbox?

Nice site and well done. Good layout of the photos in the front page like a magazine. My only comments are: (1) This site is NSFW for those following :) and (2) I think your topmost nav is very difficult to make out the letters, white on light pink background.

Archived