MSUKForum

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, jpointer2_merged said:

I noticed the latest updated includes:

"Introduces support for PayPal Billing Agreements in Commerce."

Is this relevant to my suggestion, could you elaborate on this point please? :)@Mark

No change was made for asking for an address, but customers can now be charged automatically.

So does this mean that any future subscriptions can now be done automatically? Where do we stand with old subscriptions? This is stopping us from upgrading from 3.4.x.

I have a community with a vast amount of subscriptions which we don't want to lose.

59 minutes ago, Dean_ said:

So does this mean that any future subscriptions can now be done automatically? Where do we stand with old subscriptions? This is stopping us from upgrading from 3.4.x.

I have a community with a vast amount of subscriptions which we don't want to lose.

Automated subscriptions are working. Should be good to go on upgrading.

On 1/5/2016 at 10:51 AM, Mark said:

No change was made for asking for an address, but customers can now be charged automatically.

I am not able to use the commerce plugin due to this.
I do NOT want my forum users to submit personal data to me, as I have 0 use for it.

You advertise high customizability yet we can't even toggle such a simple thing off such as billing information?
Come on......

Excuse my ignorance on this question.

Is there a way that we can link a member on nexus/commerce from an old paypal subscription? I have a few members that took out a yearly subscription through paypal using our site which used a 3rd party piece of software. As we want to move away from 3rd party and have our older members controlled via nexus/commerce so the software updates the member to a club member when the year is up and it auto-renews? 

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting so angry at how terrible this subscription system is, yet AGAIN members are having problems renewing due to this error:

Sorry, there is a problem

You are only allowed to purchase one of this product, and you have already done so.

Error code: 1X247/1

If the invoice is either "expired" or "cancelled" it seems the system won't allow them to renew? It's so confusing and requires me to manually go into the ACP and renew the invoice for them.

It's really killed my income, for those who do actually make the effort of inputting all their personal info to then be shown error messages that they can't renew because the invoice system is just too confusing - and basically doesn't work!

Please do something soon as I'm starting to have a huge impact to my community, if I can't afford to run the server then it won't exist anymore.

41 minutes ago, jpointer2_merged said:

I am getting so angry at how terrible this subscription system is, yet AGAIN members are having problems renewing due to this error:

If the invoice is either "expired" or "cancelled" it seems the system won't allow them to renew? It's so confusing and requires me to manually go into the ACP and renew the invoice for them.

It's really killed my income, for those who do actually make the effort of inputting all their personal info to then be shown error messages that they can't renew because the invoice system is just too confusing - and basically doesn't work!

Please do something soon as I'm starting to have a huge impact to my community, if I can't afford to run the server then it won't exist anymore.

I believe there's a setting for grace period, which allows users to renew and extend their existing subscription after their subscription has officially expired.  You may want to prolong that grace period which should help.  

8 minutes ago, Mark said:

Or disable invoices expiring (the purchase will still expire if they don't renew in time, but they'll always be able to pay the renewal invoice). Or set the product to allow customers to renew themselves.

You are talking about this, right? (in this case from 3.4)

56a397dabaaf4_Bildschirmfoto2016-01-23um

So are you saying that with that setting the user must use those 20 days and afterwards is blocked from renewing, but if I set it to 0, he/she must wait until the expiration date but then he can renew anytime?

5 hours ago, opentype said:

You are talking about this, right? (in this case from 3.4)

56a397dabaaf4_Bildschirmfoto2016-01-23um

So are you saying that with that setting the user must use those 20 days and afterwards is blocked from renewing, but if I set it to 0, he/she must wait until the expiration date but then he can renew anytime?

Actually this setting:

Invoices must be paid within

days   or     Unlimited  
When a customer places an order through the store, or a purchase they have previously purchased is due to expire, an invoice is generated. You may want to set a time limit on how long a customer has to pay the invoice so that if you change the price of a product in your store, a customer with an old invoice cannot pay the older invoice with the old price, or so customers cannot renew previously expired purchases.

The problem with this setting is in red. A user could initiate 10+ invoices, you change the price over the years, and each time they need this product or service they just use an invoice they stored. Highly recommend invoices expire. Or maybe the system can expire an invoice when a price is changed that would affect the invoice or throw an error message that the price changed? I don't know any store where you could do what is possible here.

Even if they expire in 30 days that still lets them pay an old price for 30 days. This should be fixed.

13 minutes ago, chilihead said:

Highly recommend invoices expire. 

But how to set that up properly?
I actually greatly extended the renewal time, because I ran into the same problem that jpointer2_merged just mentioned: People couldn’t renew the subscriptions at all once they were expired. Not even by purchasing the product again from scratch. 

2 hours ago, chilihead said:

so that if you change the price of a product in your store, a customer with an old invoice cannot pay the older invoice with the old price

In a not-so-serious remark, if a member is bloody brilliant enough to figure how to "lock in" the lower prices by generating invoices in advance, I kinda think he / she deserves to only pay the lower price.  Just saying.  :lol:   

I actually changed that setting a long time ago, if you go to "Invoices" then "Invoice Settings" it is in there and I ticked "Unlimited". Otherwise, if the invoice expires, the member can never buy it again and you have to manually renew the invoice in the ACP which is a pain if you have a lot of subscribers - thankfully since the system is so bad, I won't have many left anyway.....

But seeing that I have had members get the same issue after I changed this setting it must only work on invoices after you changed this setting? Or it doesn't work!

On 1/23/2016 at 1:01 PM, jpointer2_merged said:

You do seem to be complaining about bugs when you havent actually got the latest bug fixes on the software. If you don't keep up to date with updates, and don't submit tickets, we cannot reasonably resolve issues.

• 2 months later...

I want to bring this back to the developers attention as it's driving me insane and losing me money, as well as the members patience.

If a subscription expires they can't simply add the subscription back to the basket, it says "You have already purchased it" but they can't renew as the invoice has "Expired" so I have to manually renew them in the ACP.

If I turn the expiration off, finding the area to renew the invoice is not straight forward,

• When a subscription package expires, it should be as easy as adding it to the basket again and making a new purchase for that subscription.

5 hours ago, Dean_ said:

I too would like this option, specially for non-physical products. A simple check out where they pay with paypal and we take no details, paypal deals with it all.

non-physical doesn't mean non-taxable. that's why the system prompts for address.

Archived