Guest (priorly known as validating) notifications

JLS

After doing a test it appears our 'guests' are receiving notifications still. Any way to control that? Few questions:

- Any way to control or disable guest notifications?
- Does guest get a full copy of the post or just a link to it? I received a link but I had an email forwarded to me that was a full post and I'm not totally sure if they were an active member when that was sent or not.
- If a member was following (via email notification option) a forum area that they had paid extra to get access too. Then lost access as their subscription to that area ended. Will they continue to get emails from stuff that happens in that area?

- Lastly, if a user asks to receive notifications (emails) whenever someone they follow posts... will they get notified if that user posts in an area that they don't have access too (they never had access to it either)?

Thanks, hoping someone knows off the top of their head or from experience but otherwise I'll do a bunch of testing I suppose :)

55 minutes ago, JLS said:

- If a member was following (via email notification option) a forum area that they had paid extra to get access too. Then lost access as their subscription to that area ended. Will they continue to get emails from stuff that happens in that area?

Has a personal settings notifications users. Follows them to turn off everything.

This your topic shows one big omission development. No settings group notifications.
And there it will solve your other questions.

Archived