Community

Bluto

PHP 7.0.0

On 27/01/2016 at 3:57 PM, RevengeFNF said:

I only work with centos, i don't have experience with Debian.

I worked with APC in the past, but changed to memcached a long time ago.

Hi im using centos and memcached and i need to install the extensions as im told, if i understood correctly. Would you mind helping me out in pm ? Thanks

3 hours ago, Vanucci said:

Hi im using centos and memcached and i need to install the extensions as im told, if i understood correctly. Would you mind helping me out in pm ? Thanks

Send me a pm. 

16 minutes ago, marklcfc said:

I wanted to use memcached but my host tells me it isn't compatible with easyapache 4. Is everyone else using memcached with php7 doing it differently?

i have memcached in use with apache & php7 - works perfect ^_^

i will try next redis and have a look for the performance - maybe better ... 

have anyone tried out php alpha 7.1 ? it comes with server push support. curiuous if it has any further performance gain in real world situation

3 minutes ago, sasiko said:

have anyone tried out php alpha 7.1 ? it comes with server push support. curiuous if it has any further performance gain in real world situation

The php script needs to use the server push, which i doubt IPS will use it in the near future.

When IPS 4.1.14 releases (which will be the first version to officially support PHP 7), they seem to be pushing recommendations to use PHP 7.

As per their information on self-hosting packages: https://invisionpower.com/buy/self-hosted (Where it mentions 7 as recommended now for PHP version)

As for HTTPS, you'll really have to decide for yourself. HTTPS have been something that have gained significant traction for the past year/two years or so, at least it seems so. Major browsers are starting to display more clear warnings on non-secure websites, Google have started or at least stated that sites not on HTTPS may be punished in search result ratings etc. "Regular people" seem to also have responded to this more and more as a result and are more aware I believe of privacy on the internet. 

ok so for php 7 it will be around the corner now or very now ^_^ (make a try on my side)

For https i have made a try on ipb 3.x and we get issue with Chat module and some other "little" things and the site was not very stable on this.

So will make a try on it

On 4.8.2016 at 7:37 PM, Charles said:

We are receiving almost no bug reports for the beta releases so it looks like Tuesday will be the final release day. 

We're getting official PHP 7.0 support very soon. I recommend to wait a few days until we have the final release. I won't be able to test it because my license runs out tomorrow and atm I don't have the 25$ available to extend.

Regarding your HTTPS situation: Please try out with free certificates like StartSSL or Let's Encrypt. I am using StartSSL since three years without no problem, LE since almost a year without any problems, too. To configure HTTPS system-wide on you site, edit the .htaccess provided from IP.S, if there is any and set the following code:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on
RewriteCond %{ENV:HTTPS} !=on
RewriteRule .* https://%{SERVER_NAME}%{REQUEST_URI} [R=301,L]

It may depend on your other configurations in the .htacces file (for example, you first force HTTPS with this code and an other code redirects back to the HTTP only version); if you have any problems, please open a new thread in this section and if I see it, I will try to help you out. Further, there is a guide on the IPS site which I have linked for you below.

Good luck!

Edited by jacboy

On January 27, 2016 at 10:30 AM, RevengeFNF said:

Memcache is not compatible with php7. You need to install memcached 2.2.1

I'm using memcache 3.0.9-dev and Zend OPcache with php 7.0.14 for IPS 4.1.

Not sure if it's the most optimal.