(DP42) CSE Google

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, this plug-in was working fine and then a few months ago we suddenly noticed that it was doing very generalised Google searches – not against our own account.

I got very busy and disabled it and we haven't been using it for several months.

I've just tried using it again with your update but it's still the same thing.

Frankly I don't understand anything about it and I may well set it up incorrectly although as I said, it was working perfectly when it was first installed.

If you visit the website and choose the search on Google option, you will see that it searches all sources not simply our website.

Could you advise please

image.png.2c445fa0e6192a8b241450c9b15e91d9.png

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/

Edited by BankFodder
  • 1 year later...
10 hours ago, DawPi said:

How to reproduce it step by step?

Full default board 🙂

But I found the problem, overlay is now the default appearance :

Could contain: File, Text, Webpage

Switched to results only and now it works thanks.

One more thing, is it possible to put Google just after Anywhere in order to not need to click "More options..." ?

Could contain: Text

2 hours ago, Li3D said:

Switched to results only and now it works thanks.

Woah, it was a google side issue then. Thanks for posting it!

2 hours ago, Li3D said:

ne more thing, is it possible to put Google just after Anywhere in order to not need to click "More options..." ?

Not right now - that menu is fully managed by IPS4.

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, sobrenome said:

Considering the new search system on IPS 4.7.1 that shows selected in the search bar the APP that the user is on, is it possible to always use Google search as default?

New version pending approval.

4.0.1 - 4.0.2:

• changed the new 4.7.x default context search bar to use Google as default - if the proper setting is enabled.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/4/2017 at 6:10 PM, crmarks said:

Hi @DawPi!

I've been trying out the plugin today and noticed an issue with CSE customization. Many of the Google CSE Look and feel settings are hard coded into the javascript inside the plugin, so changing the theme and style settings in the CSE control panel have no effect on the live site. This also effects the ability to set a custom link target (mine is set to "_self" but it is forced to open results in a new window)

Is there a way to update the plugin javascript code so our CSE customizations are passed through? These aren't things that can be changed via CSS, they can only be set from the CSE admin panel and passed through their latest javascript.

The latest CSE javascript code is async and supports a lot of HTML5 customization. It may be possible to present the CSE results in a way that looks more like the native IPS search interface, if the results template was further developed with these new features. https://developers.google.com/custom-search/docs/element.

Trying to use the CSS field to customize the results, but not working.

Another great feature could be adding Google option on Advanced Search. CSE is used for "all". I suggest that "all" uses IPS search and for CSE should be added another option, that should be Google.

😬

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/11/2022 at 12:33 PM, sobrenome said:

Trying to use the CSS field to customize the results, but not working.

CSS not working.

On 9/11/2022 at 12:33 PM, sobrenome said:

Another great feature could be adding Google option on Advanced Search. CSE is used for "all". I suggest that "all" uses IPS search and for CSE should be added another option, that should be Google.

And this could be an improvement for the next update!

Thanks!!