(DP42) CSE Google

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Daw,

This page is calling an old version of the Custom Search API, which is deprecated and will stop working soon. In order to avoid an outage for the search results, the call for search results must be updated to the current version of the Custom Search API https://developers.google.com/custom-search/docs/element.
google.search.H.Zg @ default+nl.I.js:561

this is a chrome message when inspecting the page, also atm the plugin does not show adverts which are enabled in the cse profile...

Edited by Jheroen
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, just bought this.

The custom CSS is not working.

For example, i've inserted this:

.gsc-tabHeader{
font-weight: 300;
    font-size: 14px;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    padding: 10px 15px;
}

And it is briefly shown as text prior the the loading of the results, but the results aren't formatted according to this CSS.

Am i doing something wrong?

41 minutes ago, xtech said:

Hi, just bought this.

The custom CSS is not working.

For example, i've inserted this:

.gsc-tabHeader{
font-weight: 300;
    font-size: 14px;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    padding: 10px 15px;
}

And it is briefly shown as text prior the the loading of the results, but the results aren't formatted according to this CSS.

Am i doing something wrong?

:D

you need to put them in <style> tags :p

@DawPi Any chance of adding an option in your plugin to disable all other search options available (as we have Pages installed) and leaving only "Google" (which we would rename to "All") and "Advanced?"

On Pages we only have the option to enable/disable the search for each database, if we disable it there we also lose the option to search each database individually using the advanced search, which we want to keep.

Many thanks!

search.png

Thanks for the timely 4.2 update @DawPi!

Is it possible to display the search box at the top of the results? It looks like one is there but hidden with hard coded html css set to display: none. When I inspect the code and edit it, the search box works well and refreshes the results within the same search page. If the search box was there, it could also be styled a little more like the native search page box, wrapped in a matching HTML block that uses from the theme colors. Even better, a system template for the plugin vs a hard coded template would also help make it easier to customize beyond just CSS. Perhaps in a future update?

9 hours ago, Jheroen said:

Hi Daw,

is it possible to have the results when clicked loading in the same page?

Bumped this one ... ;)

I believe this is something you need to configure in your Google CSE settings. 

Edit Search Engine -> Search Features -> Advanced tab -> Websearch Settings -> Set Link Target to: _self