Remote image sizing

Dll

As it stands, when remote images are posted they're displayed at full width rather than at the max image display size set in the control panel. Would it be possible to have them adhere to this setting so they act in the same way as uploaded images?

22 minutes ago, Dean_ said:

You can set that in admincp, or simply double click the image once it's displayed in the editor box and then set a custom size.

It doesn't respect the size set in the admincp though unfortunately, and most users posting remote images don't go back and resize the images, so you end up with full size images through a thread, next to properly sized ones when the uploader is used. It makes it quite messy, and I think needs to be uniform and default to whatever the image display size is set to .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1 december 2015 at 8:22 PM, Dll said:

As it stands, when remote images are posted they're displayed at full width rather than at the max image display size set in the control panel. Would it be possible to have them adhere to this setting so they act in the same way as uploaded images?

On 11 december 2015 at 10:56 PM, Jorijn Schrijvershof said:

Agreed. I would very much like an admincp setting for the max size of remote images.

On 1 januari 2016 at 5:11 PM, sachin123 said:

I also agree, IP Board 3.x was having this function and it was best. 

On 7 januari 2016 at 3:26 PM, Conor Dwyer said:

So its the media button that's causing the issue? It would be great to get a fix on this Its been irradiating me for days 

Put this at the end of your custom.css! 

(You can edit the % for the size or use px;)

.ipsType_richText img  {

max-width: 50%;

max-height: 50%;

}

Archived