Post Anonymously in Forums

• 9 months later...

My users absolutely love this plugin for our dedicated "speak your mind" forum! My only wish is that there was a way to make it default to post anonymous or something so people don't have to remember it every time they post to turn it on.

Is there any way to make this happen?

• 3 weeks later...

@Brainy S. Sorry for my late reply. 

I've noted this, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to spend time adding it. 

If it is added I think it's going to be a setting whether it should remember that you posted anonymously previously in the topic or not. Currently it's intentional, as I don't want to reveal the identity of who posted anonymously, even in those cases where the person that posted something anonymously is the same person being logged in. (Which is also why I don't allow people to edit their own anonymous posts either etc.)

5 hours ago, TSP said:

@Brainy S. Sorry for my late reply. 

I've noted this, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to spend time adding it. 

If it is added I think it's going to be a setting whether it should remember that you posted anonymously previously in the topic or not. Currently it's intentional, as I don't want to reveal the identity of who posted anonymously, even in those cases where the person that posted something anonymously is the same person being logged in. (Which is also why I don't allow people to edit their own anonymous posts either etc.)

Thanks for the reply. I think if it remembered if someone posted anonymously previously that would be a nice touch if/when you are able to get around to it. ?

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Donald Meek said:

i got this then figured out i can not use it as is.. since i am on a cloud based invision plan they will not do the file upload

so i am stuck

can i get a refund?

can you make it so it will work thru adminpan

Hello, 

Send them a ticket and ask nicely to do the file upload. As far as I’ve heard they are willing to do some uploads on request.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The plug-in does not work with Invision 4.4.  When the member tries to post anonymously, the member is redirected to the user registration page.  It is related to the new feature that allows users to post before registering.  Please fix the plug-in.  Our members use the plug-in frequently.

On 3/25/2019 at 6:36 PM, TSP said:

Sorry for the lack of updates. I have a lot to do at the moment, but I'll try to make something happen here this week. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. 

Thank you very much for letting us know! We really appreciate the work.
If I can be of any assistance: external testing, etc., please DM me. Happy to help in whatever way I can.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2019 at 1:04 PM, DolSch said:

The plug-in does not work with Invision 4.4.  When the member tries to post anonymously, the member is redirected to the user registration page.  It is related to the new feature that allows users to post before registering.  Please fix the plug-in.  Our members use the plug-in frequently.

I just purchased and experience the same issue.

Hope this gets resolved as soon as possible. Anonymous posting is interesting and useful. 

On 4/6/2019 at 12:24 AM, Gaius Kong said:

I just purchased and experience the same issue.

Hope this gets resolved as soon as possible. Anonymous posting is interesting and useful. 

You can circumvent the issue by creating a dummy account and choosing that account for the setting "Posts appear as posted by". 

Once again sorry for the inconvenience. I've just started looking closer into the issue. 

9 hours ago, TSP said:

You can circumvent the issue by creating a dummy account and choosing that account for the setting "Posts appear as posted by". 

Once again sorry for the inconvenience. I've just started looking closer into the issue. 

I did try to use this way, but it didn't work -- 

I created a user with an account name in the Mandarin Chinese language, not an account with an English name. 

I would just wait for your plugin update. Thank you. 

On 4/9/2019 at 12:51 AM, Gaius Kong said:

I did try to use this way, but it didn't work -- 

I created a user with an account name in the Mandarin Chinese language, not an account with an English name. 

I would just wait for your plugin update. Thank you. 

Could you clarify in what way it didn't work to do it that way? Could I get access to the admin panel for the installation to test myself?

I can "only" reproduce an issue when the plugin is set up to let anonymous posts appear as guest posts, so if there is any other issue here, I would like to be aware, as I've not been able to reproduce issues with a dummy account in that setting. 

On 4/8/2019 at 8:44 AM, TSP said:

If you're using the 1.1.0 version of the plugin with 4.4, I want to affirm that setting a dummy user as the anonymous user is a workaround to getting the plugin to work as TSP states above.

For our community, we cannot have all anonymous posts as one user, so we're waiting for an update to the plugin.

• 5 weeks later...

An update has been released!

1.2.0 - Only for Invision Community version 4.4 and later

• The link for checking who posted anonymously has been changed. Uploading of a separate file is no longer needed. Just install/update the plugin.
    If you used a previous version and uploaded the an additional file, please feel free to delete it from your installation. Location of the file in your community folder: applications/core/extensions/core/ModCp/CheckAnon.php

• New Feature: Force Anonymous Posting
    This lets you decide that members in certain forums will have no choice in whether posts will be posted anonymously. The checkbox to post anonymously will still be visible, but will be disabled and displayed as checked. There is also a different language string that explains why the checkbox is checked and disabled.

• New Setting: "Force Anonymous Posting in" - Choose which forums to force anonymous posts in
      Please note: The selected forums will also need to have been selected in the setting: "Can Post Anonymously in"

• New setting: "Groups that are not forced" - Choose member groups that can bypass anonymous posting
      The checkbox to post anonymously will still be checked by default in forums where anonymous posting is enforced, but members in these groups can choose to uncheck it. 

• New setting: "Turn off 'Post Before Register' in forums where anonymous posting is enforced" (Default is ON)
      The plugin is not fully compatible with the "Post Before Register"-feature (PBR). Guests that write posts with the PBR will not be able to choose to post anonymously, neither would posts written with PBR, in a forum that force anonymous posting, be changed to an anonymous post upon completing the register process.

• New Feature: Daily task to remove original author link after a certain number of days. (Default is never)
    The task also deletes some other data stored for debugging purposes.
  • Settings have been rearrangered and broken up into two sections: "Basic Settings" and "Advanced Settings".

• The guest group is no longer selectable for group settings.

• Fixed bug that made you unable to uncheck the "All"-checkbox on settings for groups and forums if you had previously checked it. 
    Circumventing the issue was possible by unchecking it, choosing some forums/groups. Save. Then uncheck the forums and save again.

• Fixed logic that caused the Post Before Register-feature to break in forums where anonymous posting was enabled.

• Fixed bug that caused issues with the moderator action to split a topic.

• Large parts of the code was refactored. Mostly to improve readability of it for myself and do some minor improvements. 

Edited by TSP
  • 4 weeks later...

New version available in Marketplace! The price of the plugin was also increased from 10 USD to 12,50 USD.

1.2.1 - Only for Invision Community version 4.4 and later

• New Behaviour: "Mark As Spammer" will now also hide/delete posts posted anonymously, if applicable. 
    This depends on your settings on the "Mark As Spammer"-tab in the Spam Prevention section of your Admin Control Panel.

• New Setting: "Hide/delete their anonymous posts when member is marked as spammer" - (Default is ON)
      Please note: Changing the setting will not affect already queued background tasks to hide/delete a member content. 

• New Behaviour: Anonymous posting will now count towards the members limit of posts per day and the flood control
    For example: If the Flood Control setting is set to 10 seconds, then a single member can't post a second post before it's been 10 seconds since their previous post. Previously the time value was not updated for the real author when they posted anonymously, meaning they could circumvent this flood control. This new behavior fixes this issue.

• New setting: "Count anonymous posts against the real authors group settings for flood and posts per day control" - (Default is ON)

• Fixed issue with the "All"-checkbox not working for the setting "Who can post anonymously"
  • Installing the plugin will now generate a value for the setting "Unique board anonymous key" (Not done on upgrade)
  • Removed hook on \IPS\Http\Url\Friendly, it was no longer needed after moving the function to check who posted anonymously
  • Removed some previous versions. The upgrade files for these versions didn't do anything and was therefor a waste of space.
  • Removed form field for post id on the "Check original author"-page
Edited by TSP