Installing IPS 4.0 from scratch

shyest

I have installed everything that needs to be installed on the "Check Requirements" php file. However when trying to install IPS it gives me a 500 error, When pulling the error log it produced this error:

"[Sun Nov 22 16:25:33.201984 2015] [:error] [pid 1476] [client 76.8.*.*:65193] PHP Warning:  Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'require(/var/www/html/conf_global.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory' in /var/www/html/system/Db/Db.php:103\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/system/Db/Db.php(103): IPS\\IPS::errorHandler(2, 'require(/var/ww...', '/var/www/html/s...', 103, Array)\n#1 /var/www/html/system/Db/Db.php(103): IPS\\_Db::i()\n#2 /var/www/html/system/Settings/Settings.php(139): IPS\\_Db::i()\n#3 /var/www/html/system/Settings/Settings.php(88): IPS\\_Settings->loadFromDb()\n#4 /var/www/html/system/Output/Output.php(853): IPS\\_Settings->__get('base_url')\n#5 /var/www/html/system/Output/Output.php(642): IPS\\_Output->parseFileObjectUrls('?<!DOCTYPE html...')\n#6 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Setup.php(127): IPS\\_Output->sendOutput('?<!DOCTYPE html...')\n#7 /var/www/html/admin/install/index.php(13): IPS\\Dispatcher\\_Setup->run()\n#8 {main}\n  thrown in /var/www/html/system/Db/Db.php on line 103
[Sun Nov 22 16:25:33.202055 2015] [:error] [pid 1476] [client 76.8.*.*:65193] PHP Fatal error:  IPS\\_Db::i(): Failed opening required '/var/www/html/conf_global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/system/Db/Db.php on line 103"

What am I to do to get this fixed and my site up?

Thanks for reading.

13 minutes ago, shyest said:

I have installed everything that needs to be installed on the "Check Requirements" php file. However when trying to install IPS it gives me a 500 error, When pulling the error log it produced this error:

"[Sun Nov 22 16:25:33.201984 2015] [:error] [pid 1476] [client 76.8.*.*:65193] PHP Warning:  Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'require(/var/www/html/conf_global.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory' in /var/www/html/system/Db/Db.php:103\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/system/Db/Db.php(103): IPS\\IPS::errorHandler(2, 'require(/var/ww...', '/var/www/html/s...', 103, Array)\n#1 /var/www/html/system/Db/Db.php(103): IPS\\_Db::i()\n#2 /var/www/html/system/Settings/Settings.php(139): IPS\\_Db::i()\n#3 /var/www/html/system/Settings/Settings.php(88): IPS\\_Settings->loadFromDb()\n#4 /var/www/html/system/Output/Output.php(853): IPS\\_Settings->__get('base_url')\n#5 /var/www/html/system/Output/Output.php(642): IPS\\_Output->parseFileObjectUrls('?<!DOCTYPE html...')\n#6 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Setup.php(127): IPS\\_Output->sendOutput('?<!DOCTYPE html...')\n#7 /var/www/html/admin/install/index.php(13): IPS\\Dispatcher\\_Setup->run()\n#8 {main}\n  thrown in /var/www/html/system/Db/Db.php on line 103
[Sun Nov 22 16:25:33.202055 2015] [:error] [pid 1476] [client 76.8.*.*:65193] PHP Fatal error:  IPS\\_Db::i(): Failed opening required '/var/www/html/conf_global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/system/Db/Db.php on line 103"

What am I to do to get this fixed and my site up?

Thanks for reading.

Rename conf_global.dist.php to conf_global.php (and make sure it's writable). It looks like the installer couldn't do it automatically. I'll also open a bug for this, it looks like the exception is being thrown when the installer tries to show a message to tell you to do this step manually.

22 minutes ago, Stuart Silvester said:

Rename conf_global.dist.php to conf_global.php (and make sure it's writable). It looks like the installer couldn't do it automatically. I'll also open a bug for this, it looks like the exception is being thrown when the installer tries to show a message to tell you to do this step manually.

Thanks @Stuart Silvester that ended up working. :)

Archived