Help with Commerce: Adding Subscriptions from Previous Site

iacas

I imported my site (manually, from a platform IPS doesn't support natively) and things went pretty smoothly.

On the old site, members had the chance to buy "Supporter" status which got them perks to a few things. I had three levels, and they were all the same except that they varied by the length of time the "purchase" was active (and the cost, of course).

Members were simply upgraded from their existing user group to the "Supporter" user group when they bought their "Supporter" status.

I was glad to see I could do this with IP.Commerce and was one of the main reasons I bought it - to handle the Supporters. I kept a list of all the Supporters on my old site, and when their Supporter status expires (and what level they bought, if I ever decide to split them into "Elite Supporter" groups or something).

I created the products in IP.Commerce, and would like to begin adding these people to the IP.Commerce app so it can begin handling things AND so I can begin selling new Supporters.

What do I need to do? To be clear this is a list of members who have already paid. I don't want to set up products in the store for $0 and ask them to buy them as the dates will be off, people may "buy" the wrong thing, etc.

How can I associate products (the "Supporter" group membership) with the members and set the membership expiration dates?

As a test, I moved a user in the Supporter group down to "Forum Leader" and then created an invoice that I marked as paid. I gave him the Lifetime Supporter option, which he gets a discount on as a Forum Leader. I gave him a credit to offset the charge. It seemed to go through, but I have no way to edit (that I can see right now) the expiration date, which is not ten years from today.

I've run two people through that process now and neither show up as "Customers" but both had their memberships updated properly (though I still don't know how to set the expiry date).

Why is that? I specify the customer in the first step when I create a new invoice.

33 minutes ago, iacas said:

I've run two people through that process now and neither show up as "Customers" but both had their memberships updated properly

Report as bug, I also tested. They should be marked as customer, as they are. And you can click "View Customer Data" and you see their purchase, so that confirms it. They must have it tied to transactions which is a mistake. 

33 minutes ago, iacas said:

(though I still don't know how to set the expiry date).

Purchases >> (purchase) >> Edit >> Expires _____

Archived