Topic Listing Style

Bluto

Would it be possible to get a "Product Hunt" or "New Topic Only" style for Activity - or just an ability to lists new topics in the Activity Stream style?  Meaning, just a list of new topics with descriptions listed from all forums (or selected forums) on the site.  The topics are only on the list when first created.  The list doesn't get updated when there is a reply in the thread.  If you check out Producthunt.com or hackersnews.com, that's how they have their site setup.

Also, other forum software is laid out this way, it might be a bonus if this ability was built into IPB.  Giving more options to a potential customer who would want to got with that style and not the traditional forum layout style.

If there is something like this already... let me know.

I see what you're requesting and it's pretty much the same thing.  

For me, in the end, I want to create a "Hackers News" or "Product Hunt" style look on my forum.  To achieve this I need a list of all the topics with descriptions listed and not updated where there is a new reply.

I don't want the topics with replies to be bumped to the top.  I just want a list of all the topics in the order when they were posted with the option of selecting the forums where the topics will come from - so I can create multiple lists.  I believe we want the same thing - you want a few more options too.  :thumbsup:

I would really like the ability to create streams based on topic and content etc. creation date and not be sorted by newest reply. 

We can just keep talking about this in a thread until @Lindy adds the feature or closes the topic.  I'm sure if we mention how awesome IPB is and how IPS is doing a great job, we can get this added!  

Personally, I like those listing style sites.  It would be great if my users had the option of viewing the topics as a listing or the traditional way in the forum.  I also see other popular forum packages out there starting design list style.  Having this feature would give another option to a potential buyer - especially if they were thinking about going with the other forum software because of a styling preference.

Archived