Need to upgrade if on 'Community on Cloud' package

Osmaan Sharif

Hi

I'm new to Invisionpower & just set up my first community under the Community on Cloud package.

I thought it was all hosted for me & therefore updates etc would be taken care of ... as I didn't need to install anything to start it.

But I'm getting a big red message at saying  - Version 4.1.3.2 of the IPS Community Suite is now available. This includes a security patch and we recommend you upgrade as soon as possible.

This is also been shown to the members when they log on.

When I click the link to update - it then tells me to download, extract then upload to my server!

Any help or tips with this please?

Thanks

7 minutes ago, Osmaan Sharif said:

This is also been shown to the members when they log on.

This should not be shown to members.

8 minutes ago, Osmaan Sharif said:

When I click the link to update - it then tells me to download, extract then upload to my server!

You can request support to update it for you, however this is not manually completed for you for various reasons.

The only tips that can be provided are the ones you said yourself, download it, then extract to your server.

There should be illustrated steps to do so if you don't want to wait for support

I am on a cloud based IPS system & am happy that I can control the updates myself by uploading via ftp.

What it means is that I can decide when the update is done based on how busy my site is.

As an admin, I am in the UK, but most of the members of the site are in the US, so late morning my time is the best time to update the site with the minimal disruption.

Archived