So major change in Commerce - guest support

chilihead

Many reasons, it used to be a departmental company solution, let's say you sell advertising and have an "Advertising" department. A company wants to email you to ask your rates, and they are prompted to sign up for an account to ask a question. That is not right. How many sites have you gone to to email Sales, and had to register? It worked perfectly before. Many other reasons I listed above.

It says they know of the issue, was hoping it would be resolved soon, but I guess not.

18 hours ago, chilihead said:

Many reasons, it used to be a departmental company solution, let's say you sell advertising and have an "Advertising" department. A company wants to email you to ask your rates, and they are prompted to sign up for an account to ask a question. That is not right. How many sites have you gone to to email Sales, and had to register? It worked perfectly before. Many other reasons I listed above.

It says they know of the issue, was hoping it would be resolved soon, but I guess not.

That's where contact us button comes into play. It doesn't require login as it asks for email address as reply to.

1 hour ago, MADMAN32395 said:

That's where contact us button comes into play. It doesn't require login as it asks for email address as reply to.

19 hours ago, chilihead said:

the support feature used to get used all the time before v4

dont use it now as its too much effort/hassle to run two separate support 'contact'  features for non-members and members support

as 3 months since raised/filed/acknowledged  is it still on the to re-add list?

3 hours ago, MADMAN32395 said:

I appreciate you are trying to help but the Contact Us does not work for me. :) It is email not a ticket. There are no departments. There is no notification to people in those departments (as there are none). There is no acp management. There is no progress marking. If you've ever sent an email to a sales department and it was turned into a ticket, then you know what Nexus does and Commerce does not. It allows you to delegate and manage departments and monitor progress of not only support, but any department you wish, logged in or logged out. Over 90% of our emails come from guests, and I don't want any of these in my email box, I want them in acp where we were able to manage before.

Like I mentioned earlier, we have a Reviews department. The ticket comes in, reviewers are notified, the reviewer that wants to take it replies and marks it with a custom status. This lets us see what is being reviewed in acp. When the review is done, they reply and mark it closed. In acp we can monitor the status of reviews in the same way you would monitor a support issue. Advertising, whatever. Many of us use this for non-account holder issues, sales being one glaring example. I could see losing an advertising account if trying to tell a potential advertiser "You have to sign up with our site to be able to email our Advertising department." Bye bye! But we need the email to go to that department. So the generic Contact Us does not work for us.

The Contact Us link is new in v4, in 3.4 there isn't one, if you wanted one they told you Nexus has a full-featured contact form with tickets and departments, etc. I purchased this product as one thing, and now it is another. What they did was instead of offering a Contact Us in addition, they removed guest tickets from Commerce as well.

Here's some language from the Nexus product: "IP.Nexus supports the ability to receive incoming emails as support requests and replies."

Thanks for trying to help, but I'll just wait until it is resolved (hopefully).

2 hours ago, sound said:

the support feature used to get used all the time before v4

dont use it now as its too much effort/hassle to run two separate support 'contact'  features for non-members and members support

as 3 months since raised/filed/acknowledged  is it still on the to re-add list?

I was surprised by the Internal Review tag, I thought the following quote meant is was definite.

On 11/17/2015 at 11:58 PM, Lindy said:

Follow-up: We have added this to our internal roadmap. It's not a minor thing we can toss in a point release, unfortunately, so it will have to wait a bit - but we will do it. 

In the interim, Ocean West's solution is recommended. 

• 2 months later...

I foolishly asked to be upgraded to v4 on Tuesday because I saw the new fields available for the commerce forms.

Much to my dismay, I am now not unable to use the whole support system because I also NEED guests to be able to use it. This problem is still not fixed and now I have to search for another solution entirely.

As @chilihead said, a contact form will not work for me either. 

I am very sad today that I asked for that update. :cry: 

Just wondering when this is going to be fixed. I as well as many others it appears, want this to be used by guests. Currently having an issue and I need guests to be able to use it. I  understand there is the piping of the email which I have done, but we should be allowing guests to create tickets as well through the support option. 

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 14/02/2016 at 11:57 PM, chilihead said:

I know I'm zombie posting here, but this is actually very normal behaviour for B2B products and serious advertising enquiries. Of course they call it a contact form rather than a registration form in those scenarios, but it's essentially doing the same thing and creating an account for you as a lead in their CRM. 

On 3/28/2017 at 5:47 PM, Jacques Corby-Tuech said:

I know I'm zombie posting here, but this is actually very normal behaviour for B2B products and serious advertising enquiries. Of course they call it a contact form rather than a registration form in those scenarios, but it's essentially doing the same thing and creating an account for you as a lead in their CRM. 

What happen if they just email you and back and forth but not make an account to sign in to?

6 hours ago, ZakRhyno said:

What happen if they just email you and back and forth but not make an account to sign in to?

They probably still have an account for you in their CRM with all the communication history. The purpose of B2B CRM platforms isn't to provide an individual login per user, it's to create a private user account so that they can profile, lead nurture and convert you into a paying customer.

On 11/16/2015 at 11:58 PM, Lindy said:

Follow-up: We have added this to our internal roadmap. It's not a minor thing we can toss in a point release, unfortunately, so it will have to wait a bit - but we will do it. 

In the interim, Ocean West's solution is recommended. 

On 11/15/2015 at 10:24 PM, Lindy said:

I've filed it as I agree there should be a solution available to guests. 

@Charles Are these still being looked at to be put in to effect if its on your road map from November?

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

It's now 2018 @Lindy and on a fresh install of 4.3.1 I cannot see how we can allow guests to create support tickets? You agreed back in 2015 that it was a useful idea. I appreciate you also said it wasn't an easy fix, but it's been nearly 3 years now. Hopefully it's just me, and I'm missing something? We really need to channel all queries, guest or user, in to the same help desk for tracking and a single point of management - which is what you can do with nearly all help desks out there.

1 hour ago, bigPaws said:

It's now 2018 @Lindy and on a fresh install of 4.3.1 I cannot see how we can allow guests to create support tickets? You agreed back in 2015 that it was a useful idea. I appreciate you also said it wasn't an easy fix, but it's been nearly 3 years now. Hopefully it's just me, and I'm missing something? We really need to channel all queries, guest or user, in to the same help desk for tracking and a single point of management - which is what you can do with nearly all help desks out there.

Give guests access to the Contact Us, set Contact Us to generate a support ticket.

Thanks @AlexWright - is that the final solution on this? Seems a little inelegant compared to just displaying the name and email boxes on the standard contact form when a guest views it? Also the error message on support doesn’t tell a guest they need to do this - or can we easily put a message there? 

1 minute ago, bigPaws said:

Thanks @AlexWright - is that the final solution on this? Seems a little inelegant compared to just displaying the name and email boxes on the standard contact form when a guest views it? Also the error message on support doesn’t tell a guest they need to do this - or can we easily put a message there? 

You should be able to edit the error template (though don't ask me where) to add a Contact Us bit in there, which should open up the form. It may be best to ask an IPS staffer on that particular bit.

Archived