Remember me not working on mobile site

jp

Hi when users sign into my site on a computer they are remembered so next time when they visit they are already logged in.

However, when on a tablet/ mobile device it doesn't seem to remember if a user is logged in and so users have to log in each time. This is frustrating my users, so is there are way to fix?

Thanks

i have had users report back that they stayed logged in on Sony Xperia phones and also Windows phones, but not iPhones.

Not sure what the issue is. I have an iPhone and i have to log back in every single time, so i can confirm the issues that my members on iPhones are experiencing.

I believe you're hitting a long standing issue with Safari - it has a habit of losing cookies and thus logging people out of websites (any site, not just IPS sites)

A quick google search will show up several issues over the past few years (facebook appears to be a popular concern) and there are several 'fixes' and 'workarounds' on them that you could try out.

actually that got me googling. it turns out i think it comes down to me, and probably my users, using safari in 'private' mode such that cookies weren't being saved. if this is the issue, sorry for wasting everyone's time, highly embarrassed

Archived